NEXT ACT! SUBMISSIONS
Submissions are now being accepted for Capital Repertory Theatre’s Seventh Annual NEXT ACT! NEW PLAY SUMMIT!
Next Act!, now in its seventh year, is an expansion of Capital Repertory Theatre’s (theREP) commitment to the development of new work. At the same time, the weekend long summit is designed to complement the Upper Hudson Valley’s rich diverse populations. Next Act! New Play Summit 7 will take place June 2-4, 2018 and will feature readings of two never-before produced plays, with additional special events throughout the weekend.
theREP is looking for scripts that use theatre to address injustices, inequities, and cultural collisions, providing a voice for the unheard on stage, in the workplace, the Capital Region and beyond. Scripts that engage art and social justice.
Accepting full length plays only (no musicals). Multi-cultural and ethnically diverse pieces encouraged. Comedy and Drama welcome!
Eligible plays can not have been previously produced, though previous readings are allowed. No more than 7 characters. (Please do not submit works in which actors play multiple roles, unless it is a device used to illuminate generations.)
Plays previously submitted to Next Act will not be considered for this years’ Summit. Agent and non-agent submissions accepted.
Submission Deadline: END OF DAY – Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Playwrights should submit one document, as a Microsoft word or PDF file attachment. This document must include: a short one-paragraph synopsis – that illuminates the plays entire plot including its ending; the character descriptions and the first 10 pages (and only the first ten pages) of their play.
Submission documents must be void of playwright’s name and contact information. Submissions that do not conform to the guidelines stipulated will not be accepted.
Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with 2018 SUBMISSION in the subject line. (There is a spam filter on this email account to protect it from hackers. First time users please prove that you are human by following the link to ensure your submissions delivery.)
A small stipend and limited travel available for playwrights selected. Electronic submissions only.
Playwrights selected for the summit will be notified by May 10, 2018.
Two plays will be selected to have readings (with an eye towards a potential future production) during the annual summit, which will take place June 2-4, 2018.
Capital Rep is a professional LORT D theatre, established in Albany in 1981.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- Appalachian Festival of Plays & Playwrights
- The Madison Short Play Festival : Unpresidented
- Through line Artists' Summer Shorts 2018
- Women's Project Theater Lab Applications
- TASN Short Play Festival
- Mass Rhetoric: A New Works Festival 2018
- Attic's Christmas Playwriting Contest & Festival
- Free tickets: THE BENCH (also advisory to those wi...
- Pipedream Productions presents: Piping Hot New Wor...
- Ticket give-away: SHOOTER
- NYCPlaywrights & Ken Wolf's Playwriting Podcast
- IATC First Annual Playwriting Competition
- Ticket give-away: SCOOP
- Next Act New Play Summit 2018
- Helen McCloy Scholarship
- Playwrights’ Revolution 2018
- THE WRITER’S VOICE: Ten Minute Play Festival
- EVCT Aspiring Playwrights
- Playwrights Realm Fellowship & Scratchpad
- NYC One-Act Festival
- Native American New Play Festival 2018
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater PlayFest 2018
- Relative Theatrics Playwrights Voices
- The Philadelphia Women’s Theatre Festival
- CHAGRIN VALLEY LITTLE THEATRE 10-10 FESTIVAL KIDS ...
- 20% Theatre Company Twin Cities submission guideli...
- NYSummerfest 2018
- The Jane Chambers Playwriting Award
- BINGHAM CAMP THEATRE RETREAT
- Edgemar Center for the Arts seeks plays
- Waltzing Mechanics seek documentary plays
- Free ticket give-away: THE BENCH: A HOMELESS LOVE ...
- The Peekskill High School and Middle School Acting...
- Cupcake Lady - Another Taste of Rotten Theatre
- ▼ February (34)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)