We are looking for short play submissions (10-15 minutes MAX).
Easy enough? Well, there's a catch. The audience will be blindfolded; therefore, your play will be read to an audience in total darkness. If your play does not take this into consideration, we will not accept your submission. Get creative, get wacky, and show us what you've got!
Please provide the following contact information in the body of your email: full name, address, and email.
The plays themselves should not contain any contact information. Any contact info should be in the body of the email—do not put your name on the script itself. Your script will not be considered if it contains your contact information.
The subject line for your submission should read as follows: PHNW Dark Submission
Preference will be given to scripts with fewer than five characters. All plays must be unpublished.
The deadline for submissions is August 31 at 11:59pm MST. We will cut off submissions once we've reached 200, so the sooner the better. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Please send scripts in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All playwrights will receive two complimentary tickets to a performance of their choosing.
You will receive an email by September 15th letting you know whether or not your script has been chosen.
We look forward to reading your work.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
- Appalachian Festival of Plays & Playwrights
- The Madison Short Play Festival : Unpresidented
- Through line Artists' Summer Shorts 2018
- Women's Project Theater Lab Applications
- TASN Short Play Festival
- Mass Rhetoric: A New Works Festival 2018
- Attic's Christmas Playwriting Contest & Festival
- Free tickets: THE BENCH (also advisory to those wi...
- Pipedream Productions presents: Piping Hot New Wor...
- Ticket give-away: SHOOTER
- NYCPlaywrights & Ken Wolf's Playwriting Podcast
- IATC First Annual Playwriting Competition
- Ticket give-away: SCOOP
- Next Act New Play Summit 2018
- Helen McCloy Scholarship
- Playwrights’ Revolution 2018
- THE WRITER’S VOICE: Ten Minute Play Festival
- EVCT Aspiring Playwrights
- Playwrights Realm Fellowship & Scratchpad
- NYC One-Act Festival
- Native American New Play Festival 2018
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater PlayFest 2018
- Relative Theatrics Playwrights Voices
- The Philadelphia Women’s Theatre Festival
- CHAGRIN VALLEY LITTLE THEATRE 10-10 FESTIVAL KIDS ...
- 20% Theatre Company Twin Cities submission guideli...
- NYSummerfest 2018
- The Jane Chambers Playwriting Award
- BINGHAM CAMP THEATRE RETREAT
- Edgemar Center for the Arts seeks plays
- Waltzing Mechanics seek documentary plays
- Free ticket give-away: THE BENCH: A HOMELESS LOVE ...
- The Peekskill High School and Middle School Acting...
- Cupcake Lady - Another Taste of Rotten Theatre
- ▼ February (34)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)