Now accepting full-length play scripts written for the stage (60 pages or more)
The Oklahoma City Theatre Company annual Native American New Play Festival is at the heart of our regular season offerings. We invite Native American, Alaska Native, Hawaiian, First Nations and Indigenous Mexico playwrights to submit full-length scripts (60 pages or more) written for the stage from an Indigenous perspective. All themes and topics are welcomed. Plays may focus on historical or present-day issues. We are especially interested in plays that center on an Oklahoma tribe and tribal history within the state.
Selection Process: Full length plays are evaluated by a panel comprised of Native American theatre artists and invested community members. The panel will select 2-3 plays for a staged reading during the festival based on originality, theatricality, and execution. Finalist will receive a staged reading with actors and a director during the festival weekend events. An audience talk back will follow the readings. A fully realized production will be awarded to one of the staged reading finalists and showcased as the featured production the following festival year during the Oklahoma City Theatre Company’s regular season.
Submissions will only be accepted electronically in either Word or PDF format. Scripts must conform to industry standard play-script format (one-inch margins, #12 Times or Courier font, all pages numbered). We welcome plays that have had previous workshops and productions within the last five years. Please include a production history if applicable. Include a title page with full contact information, (mailing address, phone numbers, Email address) a draft or revision date and a character breakdown at the beginning of your script. Please provide a biography of 100 words and provide a photo of at least 300 dpi. Please label all attachment as follows: Title of the play Author’s Last Name, First Initial.
To submit upload your submission materials at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for the 2018 9th Annual Native American New Play Festival submissions is midnight February 15, 2018.
**Please note we only accept submissions written for the stage by Native American, Alaska Native, Hawaiian, First Nations, and Indigenous Mexico artists.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
- Appalachian Festival of Plays & Playwrights
- The Madison Short Play Festival : Unpresidented
- Through line Artists' Summer Shorts 2018
- Women's Project Theater Lab Applications
- TASN Short Play Festival
- Mass Rhetoric: A New Works Festival 2018
- Attic's Christmas Playwriting Contest & Festival
- Free tickets: THE BENCH (also advisory to those wi...
- Pipedream Productions presents: Piping Hot New Wor...
- Ticket give-away: SHOOTER
- NYCPlaywrights & Ken Wolf's Playwriting Podcast
- IATC First Annual Playwriting Competition
- Ticket give-away: SCOOP
- Next Act New Play Summit 2018
- Helen McCloy Scholarship
- Playwrights’ Revolution 2018
- THE WRITER’S VOICE: Ten Minute Play Festival
- EVCT Aspiring Playwrights
- Playwrights Realm Fellowship & Scratchpad
- NYC One-Act Festival
- Native American New Play Festival 2018
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater PlayFest 2018
- Relative Theatrics Playwrights Voices
- The Philadelphia Women’s Theatre Festival
- CHAGRIN VALLEY LITTLE THEATRE 10-10 FESTIVAL KIDS ...
- 20% Theatre Company Twin Cities submission guideli...
- NYSummerfest 2018
- The Jane Chambers Playwriting Award
- BINGHAM CAMP THEATRE RETREAT
- Edgemar Center for the Arts seeks plays
- Waltzing Mechanics seek documentary plays
- Free ticket give-away: THE BENCH: A HOMELESS LOVE ...
- The Peekskill High School and Middle School Acting...
- Cupcake Lady - Another Taste of Rotten Theatre
- ▼ February (34)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)