It is always hard to find a place to showcase your longer short play (26 - 50 minutes.) Many short play events only accept plays up to 20 minutes, and the few ones that host longer short plays book up fast. So what do you do with your longer short play?
Manhattan Rep's SHORT PLAY PROJECT may be the answer for you
We supply the technician for lights and sound. We supply the poster and the ticketing pages. We curate, organize and orchestrate the program with 1 or 2 other longer short plays (26-50 minutes.) And we supply our beautiful new theatre space on West 45th St. right in the middle of the of Broadway and more!
Manhattan Rep's SHORT PLAY PROJECT is created to showcase your longer short plays (26-50 minutes) in the heart of the theatrical capital of the world:
Seeking FULLY PRODUCED 1 act plays 26 to 50 minutes
(cast, directed and ready to be performed May/June 2018)
for Manhattan Rep's
SPRING SHORT PLAY PROJECT LATE APRIL/MAY/JUNE 2018
at the New Manhattan Repertory Theatre, 17-19 West 45th St.
Each 26 - 50 minute play will be given:
A tech rehearsal with our technician to run your sound and lights, a full dress rehearsal with the other plays participating, a minimum of 2 performances, (even more if your show is selling well), at the brand new Manhattan Repertory Theatre on 45th St. in Midtown Manhattan!
To submit your 26 - 50 minute play production please email:
The complete script of the play as a .pdf,
a synopsis of the play,
the character breakdown,
the set and lighting requirements,
the play's history (readings etc etc.)
your mailing address, and a creative team leader contact email address to:
email@example.com by APRIL 30, 2018
Please put “SPRING SHORT PLAY PROJECT” in the subject heading. We will contact you within a week, if not sooner, as to your acceptance.
Plays that we love will be accepted on a First-Come First-Served basis.The earlier you submit the better chances you have of being accepted for we may end submissions before April 30, 2018, if we fill up all available performance slots.
There is no submission fee.
Once accepted, there is a $50 participation fee.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- Triskelion Arts' Experimental Works Program
- The Arch and Bruce Brown Foundation grant guidelin...
- Punk Monkey Productions seeking one-act plays
- The Business of Theater Workshop
- 2018 Glassco Translation Residency
- Aberrant Theatre is currently seeking short, horro...
- Life-sized Meme productions seeks scripts for 2018...
- Ox-Bow 2018 Fall Writers Residency
- Keegan Boiler Room Series Play and Musical Submiss...
- Happy World Theater Day March 27
- Fade To Black Play Festival
- The Dr. Floyd Gaffney Playwriting Competition 2018...
- Fourth Annual End of The Road New Short Play Festi...
- THEATRE503 PLAYWRITING AWARD 2018
- 9th Annual Festival of Shorts
- Manhattan Rep's SHORT PLAY PROJECT Spring 2018
- Coachella Review seeks drama
- Open Space Arts seeking submissions
- Seeing Between the Lines: The Dramaturg’s Perspect...
- 48-Hour Musicals
- 9Thirty Theatre Company submission guidelines
- Discount tickets: LATER LIFE
- 13th Annual One Act Play Festival (OAPF)
- Rover Dramawerks is seeking full-length comedies o...
- Theatre Conspiracy Annual New Play Contest
- RENEGADE N.O.W. 2018
- Turn to Flesh seeks plays with female protagonists...
- Matchstick Theatre seeks plays
- 21st Annual Aurand Harris Memorial Playwriting Awa...
- Athena Project - Plays in Progress Series
- The P73 Playwriting Fellowship
- THE LESLIE SCALAPINO AWARD FOR INNOVATIVE WOMEN PE...
- Dan I Rodden Jr Play Award
- Brockport Festival of Ten XI
- Playwrights Week at The Lark
- Manhattan Rep's Playwright's Showcase
- 2018 NATIONAL CALL FOR SCRIPTS Environ Justice
- This Round’s On Us: The - Making Sense - Festival ...
- The Petaluma Radio Players seeks plays for radio
- Babes with Blades submission guidelines
- Princess Grace Awards Playwriting Fellowship
- Call for Monologues: Illuminated Dresses
- Scranton Fringe Festival 2018
- Screenwriting Workshop at Primary Stages ESPA
- Whiskey Radio Hour seeks 10-minute plays
- Sixth Theatre Brut Short-Play Festival
- Clutch Productions offers commission to emerging f...
- Elite Theatre Company One-Act Play Writing Competi...
- The Blank Theatre Young Playwrights Festival
- ▼ March (49)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)