Aberrant Theatre is currently seeking short, horror themed plays to be produced as part of our upcoming Ghost Light Anthology.
Working from an anthology model akin to Creepshow or Tales from the Crypt, Aberrant Theatre will be presenting an evening of short, scary plays as part of what we hope will become an annual event.
The event will take place at The Box in Toronto during the last half of October, with each play receiving 8 performances. Exact performance schedule TBA.
Please read the following information carefully:
- Plays selected will feature small casts, and will have a run time of no more than 20 minutes.
- Preference will be given to pieces requiring minimal sets, costumes, props and / or effects.
- Aberrant Theatre is committed to creating a platform for marginalized identities and experiences, including race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, class, sexuality, education, ability, and accessibility. Selected pieces will reflect this commitment.
- Pieces must not contain any intellectual property which doesn't belong to the author. Pieces featuring intellectual property from the public domain will also be accepted.
- There is no fee to submit your play, nor will monetary compensation be guaranteed for participating in the project. An honorarium may be awarded to plays selected for production, dependant on funding.
Otherwise, the blood-red sky is the limit. Send us your monsters, your killers, your things that go bump in the night. Join us as we add a spooky new tradition to the Toronto theatre scene.
Submission Deadline: June 1st, 2018.
Successful applicants can expect to be contacted shortly after this date, however due to the volume of submissions only those selected for production will be contacted.
Please email your submissions to email@example.com using the subject line "Ghost Light Submission". If applicable, please also include details on any past performances of your piece, including when & where any past productions have occurred.
About the Company:
Based in Toronto, Ontario, Aberrant Theatre was founded in 2017 with the intention of bringing the horror genre to the stage through a lens of social responsibility. This will be it's inaugural production, with the intention of becoming an annual event.
Please visit our Facebook page for updates! https://www.facebook.com/AberrantTheatre/
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
Thursday, March 29, 2018
- Triskelion Arts' Experimental Works Program
- The Arch and Bruce Brown Foundation grant guidelin...
- Punk Monkey Productions seeking one-act plays
- The Business of Theater Workshop
- 2018 Glassco Translation Residency
- Aberrant Theatre is currently seeking short, horro...
- Life-sized Meme productions seeks scripts for 2018...
- Ox-Bow 2018 Fall Writers Residency
- Keegan Boiler Room Series Play and Musical Submiss...
- Happy World Theater Day March 27
- Fade To Black Play Festival
- The Dr. Floyd Gaffney Playwriting Competition 2018...
- Fourth Annual End of The Road New Short Play Festi...
- THEATRE503 PLAYWRITING AWARD 2018
- 9th Annual Festival of Shorts
- Manhattan Rep's SHORT PLAY PROJECT Spring 2018
- Coachella Review seeks drama
- Open Space Arts seeking submissions
- Seeing Between the Lines: The Dramaturg’s Perspect...
- 48-Hour Musicals
- 9Thirty Theatre Company submission guidelines
- Discount tickets: LATER LIFE
- 13th Annual One Act Play Festival (OAPF)
- Rover Dramawerks is seeking full-length comedies o...
- Theatre Conspiracy Annual New Play Contest
- RENEGADE N.O.W. 2018
- Turn to Flesh seeks plays with female protagonists...
- Matchstick Theatre seeks plays
- 21st Annual Aurand Harris Memorial Playwriting Awa...
- Athena Project - Plays in Progress Series
- The P73 Playwriting Fellowship
- THE LESLIE SCALAPINO AWARD FOR INNOVATIVE WOMEN PE...
- Dan I Rodden Jr Play Award
- Brockport Festival of Ten XI
- Playwrights Week at The Lark
- Manhattan Rep's Playwright's Showcase
- 2018 NATIONAL CALL FOR SCRIPTS Environ Justice
- This Round’s On Us: The - Making Sense - Festival ...
- The Petaluma Radio Players seeks plays for radio
- Babes with Blades submission guidelines
- Princess Grace Awards Playwriting Fellowship
- Call for Monologues: Illuminated Dresses
- Scranton Fringe Festival 2018
- Screenwriting Workshop at Primary Stages ESPA
- Whiskey Radio Hour seeks 10-minute plays
- Sixth Theatre Brut Short-Play Festival
- Clutch Productions offers commission to emerging f...
- Elite Theatre Company One-Act Play Writing Competi...
- The Blank Theatre Young Playwrights Festival
- ▼ March (49)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)