Now accepting submissions for our 2017 Summer Playwright's Festival...
This year's theme... Smoke and Mirrors!
Plays must be:
- Family friendly (no overt swearing or violence, or sexual themes)
- Between 10 to 15 minutes in length (around 8 to 13 pages)
- Inspired by the theme Smoke and Mirrors
- Suitable for an outdoor stage (no big special effects or lighting requirements, no musicals)
- Looking for plays that involve younger characters (ages 13 to 35)
- Plays should be submitted in .PDF or .DOC format.
- Playwrights may submit up to 2 plays for consideration
- Plays must have a cover page with the Title, Playwrights Name, City and State, and Email. Plays should also ideally contain a dramatis personae, a one sentence summary, and page numbers.
We love our local playwrights, but you do not have to live in the Maryland region to be considered.
Plays must to be submitted electronically to email@example.com by April 15th, 2017.
Please feel free to direct questions to that email as well.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2018 (542)
- Marion Thauer Brown Audio Drama Scriptwriting Comp...
- Playwrights Realm Writing Fellowship
- 2017 ROCKFORD NEW PLAY FESTIVAL
- MITF seeks short plays and musicals
- Park Avenue United Methodist Church Seeks work for...
- 9Thirty Theatre Company (9TTC) accepts submissions...
- APAC SEEKS SCRIPTS FOR 24TH ANNUAL ORIGINAL PLAY F...
- Village Playwrights Loud and Proud
- 20th Annual Aurand Harris Memorial Playwriting Awa...
- Geva Theatre Open Submission Window
- Open Bar Theatricals Fellowship
- Pride Films and Plays: Call for Entries to LezPlay...
- Summer Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- 1st New York International FRIDGE Festival
- The 2018 Boston Project: Call for Proposals
- BOSTON FURNACE FRINGE
- Big Apple Theater Festival seeks 10-minute plays
- EMOS ~ Ecodrama Playwrights Festival & Symposium ~...
- The Ypsi THRIVE New Short Play Festival
- Off With Her Head Productions is accepting submiss...
- Women in the Age of Trump: STAY WOKE (excerpt) by ...
- NYSUMMERFEST PLAYWRIGHT/MUSICAL/ONE ACT/ SHORT FES...
- Arch and Bruce Brown 2017 Playwriting Competition
- Talk Back Theatre seeks plays for readings in Cali...
- Renegade Theatre Festival
- LIC One Act Festival 2017
- Capital Repertory Theatre’s (theREP) New Voices ev...
- RADD Productions seeks work
- Nylon Fusion Theatre Company is currently acceptin...
- Thespian Production seeks short plays
- Seeking Summer Shorts 10-Minute Scripts
- York Theatre Company Developmental Reading Series
- The Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival ...
- The Chameleon Theatre Circle's 18th Annual New Pla...
- Apothetae at Lark Playwriting Fellowship
- Ox-Bow Residency 2017
- Left Coast Theatre Co. seeks 10- to 15-Minute Play...
- The Dr. Floyd Gaffney Playwriting Competition 2017...
- Red Theater of Chicago offers free tickets
- Open Space Arts Summer Playwright's Festival
- Women in the Age of Trump: WAIT FOR IT by Lisa Car...
- MANHATTAN REP'S SUMMER PLAY SPECTACULAR
- The 50th Annual John Gassner Memorial Playwriting ...
- 2017 ENGAGING ARTISTS FELLOWSHIP
- Equity Library Theater Summer 2017 Play Festival
- The Puppeteers of America Rose Endowment Fund
- LIVE ART - NEW YORK CITY MAY 2017 Manhattan Repert...
- SPECIAL RATES AVAILABLE FOR NYCPLAYWRIGHTS: Robert...
- LGBTQ Short Play Contest Fresh Fruit Festival New ...
- Athena Project seeks Plays in Progress
- BRB Artists Retreat
- Tenured Son Theatre 2018 Season - full-length play...
- Balkan Regional Playwrights Contest for Children’s...
- I AM SOUL Playwright Residency
- Artists' Exchange 12th Annual One Act Play Festiva...
- Page 73 Playwriting Fellowship
- Shakespeare's Birthday Sonnet Slam
- ▼ April (57)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)