New Voices Submissions
Capital Repertory, Albany, NY Announces
Next Act! New Voices
Call for Entries
Submissions are now being accepted for one act plays by young writers for Capital Repertory Theatre’s (theREP) New Voices event in the 2017 Next Act! New Play Summit 6.
Next Act! now in its sixth year, is an expansion of theREP’s commitment to the development of new work and directly reflects the theatre’s mission, “to create meaningful theatre generated from an authentic link to the community.”
New Voices, which received a pilot run in 2014 summit, reflects the theatre’s dedication to providing theatrical opportunities to students from Elementary School through College. This particular Next Act event is dedicated to new works from the next generation of playwrights, and will include 3-5 readings of one act plays by student playwrights. Next Act! New Play Summit 6 takes place October 20 – 23, 2017.
Accepting 15-Minute one act plays by students ages 13-22. - (must be enrolled in school at the time of submission)
Multi-cultural and ethnically diverse pieces encouraged.
Comedy and Drama welcome!
Eligible plays must be 15-minutes in length and should have no more than 7 characters.
Plays previously submitted to Next Act will not be considered for this years’ Summit.
Playwrights must be enrolled in school at the time of submission.
Submission Deadline: Friday April 28, 2017.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Playwrights should submit one document, as a Microsoft word or PDF file attachment. This document must include: a short one-paragraph synopsis – that illuminates the plays entire plot including its ending; character descriptions and the complete script. Playwrights should include the name of the school they are currently attending – and what year – in the body of the email.
Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with NEW VOICES 2017 SUBMISSION in the subject line.
Electronic submissions preferred.
Three to five plays will be selected to have readings during the annual 4-day summit, which takes place October 20 – 23, 2017.
A limited travel allotment is provided.
Capital Rep is a professional LORT D theatre, established in Albany in 1981.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2018 (541)
- Marion Thauer Brown Audio Drama Scriptwriting Comp...
- Playwrights Realm Writing Fellowship
- 2017 ROCKFORD NEW PLAY FESTIVAL
- MITF seeks short plays and musicals
- Park Avenue United Methodist Church Seeks work for...
- 9Thirty Theatre Company (9TTC) accepts submissions...
- APAC SEEKS SCRIPTS FOR 24TH ANNUAL ORIGINAL PLAY F...
- Village Playwrights Loud and Proud
- 20th Annual Aurand Harris Memorial Playwriting Awa...
- Geva Theatre Open Submission Window
- Open Bar Theatricals Fellowship
- Pride Films and Plays: Call for Entries to LezPlay...
- Summer Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- 1st New York International FRIDGE Festival
- The 2018 Boston Project: Call for Proposals
- BOSTON FURNACE FRINGE
- Big Apple Theater Festival seeks 10-minute plays
- EMOS ~ Ecodrama Playwrights Festival & Symposium ~...
- The Ypsi THRIVE New Short Play Festival
- Off With Her Head Productions is accepting submiss...
- Women in the Age of Trump: STAY WOKE (excerpt) by ...
- NYSUMMERFEST PLAYWRIGHT/MUSICAL/ONE ACT/ SHORT FES...
- Arch and Bruce Brown 2017 Playwriting Competition
- Talk Back Theatre seeks plays for readings in Cali...
- Renegade Theatre Festival
- LIC One Act Festival 2017
- Capital Repertory Theatre’s (theREP) New Voices ev...
- RADD Productions seeks work
- Nylon Fusion Theatre Company is currently acceptin...
- Thespian Production seeks short plays
- Seeking Summer Shorts 10-Minute Scripts
- York Theatre Company Developmental Reading Series
- The Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival ...
- The Chameleon Theatre Circle's 18th Annual New Pla...
- Apothetae at Lark Playwriting Fellowship
- Ox-Bow Residency 2017
- Left Coast Theatre Co. seeks 10- to 15-Minute Play...
- The Dr. Floyd Gaffney Playwriting Competition 2017...
- Red Theater of Chicago offers free tickets
- Open Space Arts Summer Playwright's Festival
- Women in the Age of Trump: WAIT FOR IT by Lisa Car...
- MANHATTAN REP'S SUMMER PLAY SPECTACULAR
- The 50th Annual John Gassner Memorial Playwriting ...
- 2017 ENGAGING ARTISTS FELLOWSHIP
- Equity Library Theater Summer 2017 Play Festival
- The Puppeteers of America Rose Endowment Fund
- LIVE ART - NEW YORK CITY MAY 2017 Manhattan Repert...
- SPECIAL RATES AVAILABLE FOR NYCPLAYWRIGHTS: Robert...
- LGBTQ Short Play Contest Fresh Fruit Festival New ...
- Athena Project seeks Plays in Progress
- BRB Artists Retreat
- Tenured Son Theatre 2018 Season - full-length play...
- Balkan Regional Playwrights Contest for Children’s...
- I AM SOUL Playwright Residency
- Artists' Exchange 12th Annual One Act Play Festiva...
- Page 73 Playwriting Fellowship
- Shakespeare's Birthday Sonnet Slam
- ▼ April (57)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)