Theatre Topics publishes three issues per year, two of which are general issues. We therefore welcome rolling submissions at all times. We solicit scholarly essays that emphasize pedagogy, dramaturgy, and theatrical practice. Topics welcomes concise and timely peer reviewed articles, as well as notes from the field, on a broad array of practical, performance-oriented subjects. Topics is an official publication of the Association for Theatre in Higher Education (ATHE).
The editors of Topics are particularly interested in articles that engage with the following areas:
- International sites of pedagogical innovation
- Pedagogy among diverse student populations and/or regarding material that engages with diversity
- The relationship between theory and practice
- Applied theatre practices such as drama therapy or community-based theatre
- Practice-based research
- Rehearsal and production processes
- Reconsiderations of traditional acting theories
- New play development and devised theatre
- New technologies in performance and/or in the classroom
Watch for separate CFPs for forthcoming Special Issues.
Submissions should be sent to Managing Editor, Bob Kowkabany at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Author guidelines can be found here.
All other inquiries can be sent to the Editor of Theatre Topics, Lisa S. Brenner at email@example.com, or the Coeditor, Noe Montez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Queries regarding book reviews should be send to Book Review Editor, Megan Sanborn Jones at email@example.com.