Aloha Theatre has announced its request for new stage plays which have not been published or produced, for its 25th annual Original Play Festival, which will be presented August 15-18, 2018, at the historic, 1932 vintage theatre in Kainaliu, in the district of Kona on the “Big Island” of Hawaii.
Scripts of any length and on any subject will be accepted, and must be received by May 1, 2018.
Due to the limited preparation time for the festival, musical entries will not be accepted. Also ineligible are scripts which have won contests or which have already received staged readings.
Entries are limited to one per playwright and must be submitted electronically in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The script file must contain a list of characters and a brief description of the play, but should not contain the playwright’s name. A separate file must also be submitted and must include the title of the play and the playwright’s name, mailing address, phone numbers, and email address. This helps to insure anonymity in evaluation and selection. Authors retain rights; Aloha Theatre performance rights are limited to the dates of the festival. Scripts will be posted on a special, secure section of the theatre’s website during the selection process to facilitate access by the OPF XXV Selection Committee. Entries must be received by May 1, 2018.
Plays selected will be mounted as staged readings, with minimal rehearsal, actors holding scripts, and simple technical presentation. The committee’s official selections will be made by early June; notifications will be made in mid June; auditions for actor / readers will be held in early July; rehearsals will be conducted once a week for each play from mid July to mid August, and the festival will be presented at the Aloha Theatre August 15-18, 2018. A wrap up discussion and celebration will be held Sunday afternoon, August 19. at which time the “Opie” award will be presented. This is a people’s choice honor bestowed on the best script of the festival, as determined by popular vote of audience members. The Opie Award winning script will be presented to Aloha Theatre’s season planning Kokua Committee for consideration as a possible future mainstage production.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- 4th STREET THEATER FIFTH ANNUAL TEN PLAY FESTIVAL
- Chicago's City Lit Theater's "Art of Adaptation Fe...
- Seeking 10-minute plays for show at Lucky Jacks on...
- Seeking Submissions for the 2018 Midwest Dramatist...
- The Chameleon Theatre Circle announces its 19th An...
- Barrington Stage Company New Play Award
- BMI Theatre Workshop
- Embassy of Foreign Artists
- New Voices Series seeks one-act scripts
- Dramatists Guild Foundation
- ALOHA THEATRE SEEKS SCRIPTS FOR 25TH ANNUAL ORIGIN...
- PLAYLAB CLASS OF 2019
- Summer Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- TBT seeks full-length plays
- Thespian Production is seeking one-act plays
- The Ten-Minute Musicals Project
- PROBLEMATIC PLAY FESTIVAL
- Manhattan Rep's Summer One Act Play Competition 20...
- American Stage’s 21st Century Voices: 2019 New Pla...
- Studio Players 5th Annual 10-Minute Play Festival
- Parsnip Ship seeks plays for 2018
- 8th Annual Shakespeare's Birthday Sonnet Slam
- Acadiana Repertory Theatre seeks plays and musical...
- The Gate Project
- Gladstone Library Writers in Residence 2019
- Theatre Topics submission guidelines
- OnStage!festival, a new Festival of American Theat...
- Sultan Padamsee Award for Playwriting 2018
- 51st Annual John Gassner Memorial Playwriting Awar...
- Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival – NY...
- PLAYWRIGHTS' LAB ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR MEMBER...
- Falso Mutis presents: First Open Call: Playwriting...
- #metoo Plays - 10-minute plays wanted
- Going To The River Festival 2018
- 2018 Third Annual One-Act Playwriting Jamboree
- Small Fish Radio submission guidelines
- Florida Theatrical Association announces the 2018 ...
- Roaring Epiphany Production Company seeks playwrig...
- Protest Plays' Get Out the Vote! Initiative
- Theatre Southwest 21th Annual Theatre Southwest Fe...
- Seeking short astrology-themed pieces for publicat...
- MadLab full-length submissions
- Everyday Inferno Theatre Co. Annual Outdoor Park S...
- Gi60 2018
- The 2018 Rockford New Play Festival
- Reclamation 2018 Plays written by and about Elders...
- ▼ April (46)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)