We never post opportunities that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The Helene Wurlitzer Foundation of New Mexico

web site

To apply for an artist residency, complete an application form below and submit it along with the required work samples.

The annual deadline for applications is January 18th to be considered for a residence grant the following calendar year. Online applications must be received, and mailed applications must be postmarked, by January 18th. Grantees will be notified of their fellowship awards by June 1st 2016. For more info read the FAQs below.

The Foundation offers three sessions a year:
Session 1 (mid January - mid April)
Session 2 (June - mid August)
Session 3 (early September - early December)

Applications recieved between now and Jan. 18 2016 will be considered for residency grants in 2017.

Option 1 - Apply Online
Application FAQs

What is the length of the residency?
From 10 to 12 weeks, depending on the session.

What artistic disciplines are eligible for a residency grant?
• Visual artists including painters, photographers, sculptors, filmmakers, ceramicists
• Literary artists, writers, poets, playwrights
• Composers and songwriters

May I submit my resumé, a letter of intent, or a project proposal?
Yes, please submit your resume. A letter of intent or project proposal is not required.

What format of work samples should be included with my application?
Literary artists and playwrights must submit hardcopy work samples. Digital work samples are accpeted and encouraged for applications from visual artists and composers. Acceptable file types for images include jpg, gif, pdf and png. Accepted types for audio files are mp3 and m4a. Filmmakers may send DVD's or USB drives with video samples.

Can both my partner and I be in residence at the same time?
The casitas are single-occupancy only. Couples who apply must do so separately; if both are awared grants, they will be scheduled for different sessions.

Can I bring my pet?
No, we ask you to leave your pets at home during your stay at our campus.

I'm a playwright. Where do I apply for the Chesley/Bumbalo grant?
Playwrights applying for the supplemental Chesley/Bumbalo grant must specify this on their application. Online: After you select 'playwright' as your Specialty, check the box above the Comments section specifying your interest in applying for the Chesley/Bumbalo grant. Printed applications: You must write on the form that you are interested in applying for the Chesley/Bumbalo grant.

Blog Archive