The University of Houston School of Theatre & Dance is excited to announce our sixth annual 10-
Minute Play Festival for spring of 2018. We will begin accepting submissions for this festival on
August 31, 2017; the submission period closes on October 31, 2017.
Nine selected 10-minute plays
will receive a production as part of a multi-evening festival, produced in the newly upgraded José
Quintero Theatre on the University of Houston campus. This festival is open to all applicants,
amateur or professional.
• Scripts will only be accepted during a submission window of August 31 through
October 31, 2017. Scripts received outside this window will not be accepted. The name of the winning play will be announced in November.
• We will accept only one play per playwright.
• Scripts should fall in the range of 8-12 pages and run roughly ten minutes. (Page count does not include the title page.)
• Characters in submitted plays should fall between the ages of 16-30 or else there should be no specific restrictions on the ages of the characters.
• Previously produced plays are not eligible.
• Musicals and plays for children are discouraged.
• Submissions will be acknowledged via email, but we do not offer critiques.
• The winning plays will receive productions in the José Quintero Theatre at the University of Houston in spring of 2018.
• There is no financial compensation for winning entries.
How to submit:
Plays must be submitted via email. There should be no identifiable information in the script.
Your email should include all of the following information:
• play title
• your name
• your mailing address
• your phone number
• your email address
Email play to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send inquiries to: email@example.com
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
Monday, October 30, 2017
- ► 2018 (544)
- Stage Door Productions, Inc Eleventh Annual Origin...
- University of Houston 10-Minute Play Festival Call...
- The Clubbed Thumb Biennial Commission
- NYCPlaywrights Write a Monologue for Me ~ Part II ...
- First Flight New Play Festival
- MiniFest 2018 Script Submissions
- 2018 Women Playwrights Series (WPS) and Susan Glas...
- Theatrical Botanicum Seedlings
- Pipedream Productions seeks short plays
- 2018 Snowdance® 10 Minute Comedy Festival
- Richard Rodgers Award
- InViolet's SECOND MONDAY SOCIAL
- Eden Prarie's 2018 Collection of One Acts
- Jerome Fellowship
- Call for Plays - Bellarmine University Internation...
- JAMES TAIT BLACK PRIZE FOR DRAMA
- The Playwrights' Center Core Writer Program
- Everyday Inferno Annual Outdoor Park Show
- NYCPlaywrights WRITE A MONOLOGUE FOR ME ~ part II
- Empire Stage submission guidelines
- Between Us Productions 7th Annual Take Ten Festiva...
- Coffee & Whisky Script Pub submission guidelines
- New Plays for Young Audiences seeks full-length pl...
- Manhattan Rep's Playwright's Showcase
- Primary Previews: Pride and Prejudice
- 2018 Last Frontier Theatre Conference
- Puffin Foundation Grant Award
- Call for Unproduced Latin@ Plays
- The Female Gaze seeks monologue
- PRIMARY STAGES: Everything is Action (Throwback)
- FUTUREFEST 2018
- EST/Sloan Project
- 2018 Van Lier New Voices Fellowship
- Target Margin Theater TMI Institute Fellowship
- Reva Shiner Comedy Award
- Theatre Southwest 13th Annual Reader's Theatre
- The Dare Tactic seeks plays & musicals
- NYCPlaywrights Write a Monologue for Me project se...
- Rover Dramawerks fourth annual 10-Minute Play Cont...
- Camargo Foundation residency
- Cape Cod Theatre Project 2018
- Tree City Playhouse 10-Minute Play Competition
- Winterfest Theater Festival
- Talk Back Theater seeks plays by women
- HERE Artist Residency Program
- A Primary Stages ESPA Classic Workshop, offered in...
- Shakespeare in the ‘Burg Fifth Annual One-Act Play...
- The Sauk plays in development
- Manhattan Rep's Playwright's Showcase
- American Antiquarian Society Fellowships for Creat...
- Call for Submissions - Hidden Hate / Hidden Love
- Downtown Urban Arts Festival (DUAF) seeking plays
- Jewish Women's Theater seeks
- ▼ October (53)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)