“I’M MORE THAN YOU SAY I AM”
Bellarmine University in Louisville, KY is proud to announce the return of its International 10-minute Play Festival in April 2018. The festival will run April 21-22 and will consist of 6-8, fully produced 10-minute plays, performed in repertory fashion. We are seeking submissions from playwrights interested in participating in this year’s festival.
Theme and Submission Guidelines
Playwrights are encouraged to write on the theme I’M MORE THAN YOU SAY I AM and compose plays dealing with identity and its complexities including race, religion, gender, class, sexuality, and other markers of identity. We’re interested in exploring this theme as it pertains to the various social, legal, and political formations that surround these topics. While these issues form the foundation of our interest in the selected theme, playwrights are encouraged to think broadly about these ideas and are welcome to submit work that deals with the theme of I’M MORE THAN YOU SAY I AM, broadly interpreted.
- Plays should feature no more than four characters.
- Plays should take place in no more than one location.
- As these plays will be performed as part of an evening of ten-minute plays, we ask that playwrights limit themselves to basic set, costume, and property needs.
- Each script must be no more than ten pages long, excluding title pages and character lists.
- Each playwright may submit only one script, so send us your best effort.
- Due to the difficulty in reading submissions, submissions are limited to the first 200 scripts we receive each year. Also, please note that due to the volume of scripts we receive, we are unable to offer commentary and feedback on the scripts.
Playwrights should submit their script electronically to email@example.com no later than October 29th, 2017.
A committee of readers will evaluate the scripts and playwrights selected for inclusion in the festival will be notified in November. Playwrights selected for inclusion in the festival will receive a small stipend.