Produced by the Over Our Head Players At Racine’s Sixth Street Theatre
The Snowdance® 10 Minute Comedy Festival is a festival of original comedies that run 10 minutes or less. Submitted scripts will be judged by the Snowdance Selection Committee. A selection of scripts will be chosen for production during the Snowdance Festival in the winter of 2018. These selections will round out a complete performance. Audiences attending Snowdance performances will have the ability to vote for the production they enjoyed the most. The votes will be tallied throughout the five-week festival run, and the Snowdance “Best in Snow” will be awarded to the winning playwright after the final performance on February 25, 2018. Cash award of $500.00 to “Best in Snow,” with $200.00 awards to second place and $100 for third place.
* Through November 1st - Call for scripts.
* November - Scripts chosen for production will be announced.
* January 26 – February 25, 2018 - Run of festival performances.
* February 25, 2018 (immediately after final performance) - Announcement of “Best in Snow.”
To enter a script, please follow these steps.
#1- Competition is open to original 10 minute or shorter plays free of royalty and copyright restrictions. Submission is considered to be approval to produce the piece without royalty if selected for production in the Snowdance Festival. Musicals, adaptations, and translations will not be considered.
#2- Plays must run 10 minutes or less. A rule of thumb - 1 page (8 1/2 x 11) of single spaced, average dialogue will total about 90 seconds. Read it out loud - time it – test it – and re-write if need be.
#3- Submissions must be postmarked on or before November 1st 2017.
#4- Manuscripts must be on standard 8-1/2” x 11” paper, cleanly typed and securely bound. Scripts should follow standard format. (Check any scriptwriting book in your library)
#5 – Plays can have a cast of 1 to 5 characters and should be easily staged. Avoid any elaborate set requirements. And remember it is a ‘COMEDY FESTIVAL’.
#6- The writer’s name, address, phone number, and e-mail address (if applicable) should be included on the title page and only the title page. The title page should also include a cast list, set requirements, and a 1 to 3 sentence synopsis of the play.
#7 –Submit one (1) copy of your script.
#8 - Send scripts to: SNOWDANCE
C/O Sixth Street Theatre
318 Sixth Street
Racine, Wisconsin 53403
#9 - Any questions can be directed to Rich Smith at (262) 632-6802 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
* Plays selected for the festival will be produced by Over Our Head Players.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2018 (547)
- Stage Door Productions, Inc Eleventh Annual Origin...
- University of Houston 10-Minute Play Festival Call...
- The Clubbed Thumb Biennial Commission
- NYCPlaywrights Write a Monologue for Me ~ Part II ...
- First Flight New Play Festival
- MiniFest 2018 Script Submissions
- 2018 Women Playwrights Series (WPS) and Susan Glas...
- Theatrical Botanicum Seedlings
- Pipedream Productions seeks short plays
- 2018 Snowdance® 10 Minute Comedy Festival
- Richard Rodgers Award
- InViolet's SECOND MONDAY SOCIAL
- Eden Prarie's 2018 Collection of One Acts
- Jerome Fellowship
- Call for Plays - Bellarmine University Internation...
- JAMES TAIT BLACK PRIZE FOR DRAMA
- The Playwrights' Center Core Writer Program
- Everyday Inferno Annual Outdoor Park Show
- NYCPlaywrights WRITE A MONOLOGUE FOR ME ~ part II
- Empire Stage submission guidelines
- Between Us Productions 7th Annual Take Ten Festiva...
- Coffee & Whisky Script Pub submission guidelines
- New Plays for Young Audiences seeks full-length pl...
- Manhattan Rep's Playwright's Showcase
- Primary Previews: Pride and Prejudice
- 2018 Last Frontier Theatre Conference
- Puffin Foundation Grant Award
- Call for Unproduced Latin@ Plays
- The Female Gaze seeks monologue
- PRIMARY STAGES: Everything is Action (Throwback)
- FUTUREFEST 2018
- EST/Sloan Project
- 2018 Van Lier New Voices Fellowship
- Target Margin Theater TMI Institute Fellowship
- Reva Shiner Comedy Award
- Theatre Southwest 13th Annual Reader's Theatre
- The Dare Tactic seeks plays & musicals
- NYCPlaywrights Write a Monologue for Me project se...
- Rover Dramawerks fourth annual 10-Minute Play Cont...
- Camargo Foundation residency
- Cape Cod Theatre Project 2018
- Tree City Playhouse 10-Minute Play Competition
- Winterfest Theater Festival
- Talk Back Theater seeks plays by women
- HERE Artist Residency Program
- A Primary Stages ESPA Classic Workshop, offered in...
- Shakespeare in the ‘Burg Fifth Annual One-Act Play...
- The Sauk plays in development
- Manhattan Rep's Playwright's Showcase
- American Antiquarian Society Fellowships for Creat...
- Call for Submissions - Hidden Hate / Hidden Love
- Downtown Urban Arts Festival (DUAF) seeking plays
- Jewish Women's Theater seeks
- ▼ October (53)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)