The Warner International Playwrights Festival recognizes the work of emerging and established playwrights from across the country and around the globe. The Festival gives playwrights a forum for production of their one-act plays that engage and entertain audiences through exploration of the human experience and the human spirit.
CALL FOR SCRIPTS
Please read submission policy carefully:
We invite playwrights to submit plays via electronic script submissions, in standard Samuel French playwriting format - 12 point font, character name centered or 3.5 inches from left margin, 1” margin all around. Plays should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submitted plays should be one-act plays of no less than 12 and no more than 30 pages long, not including your cover page.
- Submissions will be limited to the first 200 scripts received.
- Scripts will be accepted internationally but must be written in English.
- Previously produced scripts are accepted.
- There is no submission fee.
- Please remove all playwright identification from the script including name, mailing address and telephone/e-mail.
- In the body of the email include:
- Script Name
- Playwright Name
- Playwright Email
- Playwright Telephone Number
- Playwright postal mailing address.
- Please do not send a synopsis or playwright resume.
- Only one submission per playwright will be accepted. Scripts will not be returned.
- If your play is selected, you will be notified, via email, of the readers’ selection on/about August 1.
- Selected scripts will receive minimal-set (table, 4 chairs, 2 cubes), minimal-tech production (lights up, lights down, 2 sound cues) production. Please be sure your play will adhere to these parameters for production.
- Selected playwrights receive two free tickets to the festival.
- Selected playwrights are invited to attend the festival by their own means. Accommodation recommendations are available.