Write THE FIRST DRAFT of your next play this spring at Primary Stages ESPA. You’ll receive concrete deadlines, constructive feedback, and a collaborative environment that will encourage you to get your ideas on the page. Whether it's your first play or your hundredth, this class will give you the tools and support you need to complete a full first draft.
Which instructor is right for you? For writers who want...
- A collaborative environment where you are encouraged to bring in unfiltered pages and give and receive feedback from classmates in a safe space, choose Leah Nanako Winkler (Writer, Kentucky at EST).
- To write whatever you want without worrying that it'll be good or bad alongside a safe peer group, choose A. Rey Pamatmat (Writer, House Rules at Ma-Yi Theatre Company; Co-Director, Mi-Ya Writer's Lab).
- To be an active participant in your own development as a writer, as part of a sacred team who are all working to elevate the work, choose Winter Miller (Writer, In Darfur at The Public).
- To passionately pursue imagination, focusing on what is theatrical and must be a play, choose Crystal Skillman (Writer, Geek and Rain and Zoe Save the World).
- A safe place to try things, and dive into whatever you’re passionate about, choose Eddie Sanchez (Writer, Barefoot Boy with Shoes On at Primary Stages).
Not in New York? Want more flexibility? This class is also offered online!
- Starting February 27 with Caridad Svich (Writer, 2012 OBIE Winner for Lifetime Achievement)
- Starting March 8 with Jeni Mahoney (Writer, Fata Morgana at BCT; Founding Artistic Director, Seven Devils Playwrights Conference)
Our award-winning faculty, comprised of working professionals in the field, provides practical skills and expert guidance in a collaborative community atmosphere.
We provide students easy and convenient payment plans to break up tuition. Primary Stages ESPA is a home for all artists, in all stages of their careers. For more information, call 212.840.9705 x215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.