Now through October 31, 2014
LiveArtDC is committed to creating theatre that is collaboratively developed and without the constraint of fixed timelines. LiveArtDC Presents expands our mission to bring similarly devised work by other artists from across the country to a Washington, DC audience.
Creating devised and collaborative theater can be a difficult, long, and intimate process. Often at the end of the project life, the devisers are left asking “what next?” and “would this even work outside of our group?”. We are hoping that LiveArtDC Presents will give these collaborators a venue to test drive those projects with a new team. We will work closely with a representative from the original project in the hopes that the new process will inform their final product.
If you would like to submit a project for our consideration, please send your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Play/Project Title
- Collaborative Organization (including short bio)
- Representative’s Name & Contact
- Project’s History
- A Copy of the Script (in WORD or PDF format)
We will choose one collaboratively conceived or devised play to produce for the 2015 Capital Fringe Festival. A representative from the original collaborative team will be engaged to work with the LiveArtDC team as the “consulting director” (compensation and transportation to be determined ).
PLEASE NOTE THAT LIVEARTDC WILL ONLY ACCEPT PLAYS THAT MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Plays that are full-length or have a run time no shorter than 60 minutes and no longer than 90 minutes.
- Plays that have been collaboratively conceived or devised.
- Plays that are submitted within the submission period of September 8-October 31
- Plays that are formatted as Microsoft Word or PDF files.
To learn more about LiveArtDC, our mission, our ongoing projects and the LiveArtDC presents model, please visit our website, http://liveartdc.com/