The Players Follies Group (a 55 and older theatre troupe) will be producing a Senior Play Reading Festival November 18 & 19, 2017. The festival coordinator is looking for 1 to 10 minute non-published plays to be performed in The Players Backstage Theatre. Plays are being accepted now through July 28, 2017. Local theatre artist Cinda Goeken will coordinate and lead the event. A committee of judges will select the plays to be presented in a “Reader’s Theater“ style. Plays should be sent to The Players, 838 North Tamiami Trail, Sarasota FL. 34236. Attention FOLLIES Play Reading Festival.
There is no remuneration if a play is chosen as a part of the series. Previously submitted short plays that were not chosen for production, but have been rewritten, may be re-submitted for consideration.
A complete listing of the winning plays will be posted on the Players website by August 31st, 2017. Non-chosen entries will not be notified.
- Plays should be 1 minute to 10 minutes in length.
- Playwrights should be aware the Players Follies is a 55 and older theatrical troupe.
- Maximum number of performers needed to produce the play is 8. Playwrights are asked to delineate if there are multiple roles that can be doubled.
- Manuscripts must be typed and bound, with playwrights’ biographies included.
- No evaluations will be rendered with any rejected entries.
- Author may submit a maximum of 3 scripts.
- Published plays are not eligible.
- Musicals are not accepted.
- Submit one hard copy to: “The Players Follies Reading Festival”, The Players, 838 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34236.
- Postmark deadline is July 28, 2017. No submissions will be accepted past that date.
A full presentation of plays will be chosen to be read in front of a paying audience on The Players Backstage Theatre November 18 & 19, 2017. The chosen plays will be announced via The Players website by August 31, 2017.
Winning Playwrights will be notified by August 25th, 2017.
Plays not following proper guidelines or meeting the requirements will be disqualified.