A long-distance dramaturgy program for new plays in development. Works must be in the first draft stage or later, but as yet unproduced. We do not accept partial drafts or produced plays for this program, and any such submissions will be rejected. Each script will be paired with a professional dramaturge, who will work with the playwright via email and/or Skype through the completion of a further two drafts of their work.
All playwrights, regardless of experience or province/country of residence, are eligible to apply. Up to three scripts will be chosen for development in 2016. Please note that She Said Yes! is a feminist theatre company, and as such we are interested in developing works that are written by, for or about women, including queer and trans women and women of colour. While we do not stipulate that the playwright must be female, priority will be given to works which develop and enrich the canon of feminist theatre.
Submission deadline is October 31st, 2015, at 5 pm. Submissions must be emailed by this date in order to be considered.
To apply, send a copy of your script in pdf or Word format, along with a cover letter stating your reasons for applying to the program and your history as a playwright to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We pay a modest honorarium to all participating playwrights and dramaturges.
The Mail-Order Dramaturgy program is an annual project of She Said Yes! Theatre Company.
For more information on She Said Yes! and its work, visit www.shesaidyestheatre.ca, or contact Sara Tilley, Artistic Director of She Said Yes!, at email@example.com.
This program is presented in partnership with the Newfoundland and Labrador Arts Council and the City of St. John’s.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
- ► 2018 (546)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- whimperbang is accepting submissions
- RED PLAYWRITING COMPETITION
- Palm Beach Dramaworkshop
- The Ensemble Studio Theatre/Alfred P. Sloan Founda...
- The Platform Group seeks playwrights for project
- Free Tickets: Politikos 2015, the New York Politic...
- LADIES FIRST seeks theater announcements
- Writers Workshop discount: BURN THROUGH YOUR STORY...
- MAIL-ORDER DRAMATURGY PROGRAM
- The Greenhouse Submissions
- EMERGING PLAYWRIGHT AWARD SUBMISSION
- CALL FOR FIVE-MINUTE PLAYS
- Uptown Works seeks one-act plays
- Martini Theatre Company Seeking submissions of new...
- MRT November Event
- The Monthly Question. November 2015
- Mastodon Theatre is seeking a full-length play
- Holy Trinity Lutheran Church is seeking submission...
- Eden Prairie Players Now Accepting One Act Submiss...
- Free reading: 3C
- 2016 Snowdance® 10 Minute Comedy Festival
- Free theater: EDUCATION
- Ryga welcomes submissions
- Discount tickets: LADY
- Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum Seedlings
- Playwrights Horizons free symposium
- Old Library Theatre (OLT) 5th Annual One Act Play ...
- Austin Latino New Play Festival
- THE NATIONAL TEN-MINUTE PLAY CONTEST
- The Secret Theatre in LIC is looking for submissio...
- Playwrights' Week 2016
- Hobo Robo 8: Hobos With Their Eyes All A-Glow
- NYTW Fellowships
- Schreiber's Shorts: TRANSITIONS
- The Downtown Urban Theater Festival (DUTF) is curr...
- The Brick's Oven
- FutureFest 2016
- The Great Gay Play and Musical Contest 2015
- Playwright's Festival
- 11TH InspiraTO Playwriting Contest
- VARIATIONS THEATRE GROUP’S CALL FOR PLAYS
- MITF's New Fall Festival
- Ninth Annual Original OneAct Festival
- Jewish Playwriting Contest
- Torrent Theatre is seeking 10-20 minute plays
- Rover Dramawerks 10-Minute Play Contest
- THE MORRISSEY PLAYS
- Reva Shiner Comedy Award
- The Ruby Slipper Fringe
- Stage Left Theater call for 1-minute plays for Fas...
- CLOCKHOUSE Submissions
- ▼ October (51)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)