The Downtown Urban Theater Festival (DUTF) is currently accepting submissions for its 13th annual season to be held at HERE (www.here.org) in SoHo, New York City May 6-23, 2015.
DUTF, produced by Creative Ammo Inc., was founded in 2001 with the purpose to build a repertoire of new American theatre that echoes the true spirit of urban life and speaks to a whole new generation whose lives defy categorizing along conventional lines. That purpose has been realized many times over, as more than 100 writers have created and refined their work for the stage and thousands of inspired audience members have applauded their performances. DUTF gives writers from America’s burgeoning multicultural landscape the opportunity to share their stories that interpret our history and our times. It is a place where writers can create and refine their work for the stage.
For more info about DUTF, visit us online at:
DUTF is supported, in part, by New York State Council on the Arts and New York City Department of Cultural Affairs.
DUTF will accept 15 theatrical works (plays, musicals and solo works) comprised of full-length productions (60-90 minutes) and shorts (under 45 minutes). Each work is performed only once during the festival. Three of the works will receive $1,000 awards in the categories of Best Play, Best Short and Audience. There is no submission or participation fee and each playwright will receive a monetary production stipend at the start of the festival to defray some of the production costs.
To submit for DUTF 2015, please forward the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(1) Playwright’s bio with contact info - name, address, phone # and email
(2) Photo of playwright
(3) Synopsis of theatrical work
(4) Complete script of theatrical work
(5) Estimated running time of work
(6) Actor/director/crew bios, if available
(7) Description of stage set (if any) and production needs (i.e. sound and lighting)
THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2014.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
- ► 2018 (546)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- Actors Theatre of Louisville 2015 NATIONAL TEN-MIN...
- Tiny Theater Application call at The Brick
- PEN/Laura Pels International Foundation for Theate...
- CALL FOR MUSICAL THEATRE PLAYS - THE RICHARD RODGE...
- CALL FOR 10-MINUTE LGBTQ PLAY
- DAYTON PLAYHOUSE FUTUREFEST
- Lightbridge Theatre and James Downing Theatre seek...
- American Renaissance Theater Company (ARTC) is see...
- The Great Gay Play and Musical Contest
- The Robert Rauschenberg Foundation is currently ac...
- THE DENNIS AND VICTORIA ROSS FOUNDATION is seeking...
- 2015 Prize for Women Playwrights
- Snowdance 2015
- BlackFry Productions seeks full-length plays
- 13th Street Repertory Company submission guideline...
- Houston Family Arts Center is looking for a new, u...
- EST/Sloan Project seeks works about science
- Discount tickets: SHATTER
- Discount tickets: DEAR DEIRDRE
- Testimonial - Matt Crowley
- Discount tickets: PLAYING ON AIR
- The Storefront Theatre: A FESTIVAL OF 10-MINUTE PL...
- RED PLAYWRITING COMPETITION
- Schreiber's Shorts - call for short plays
- One Act Playwriting Competition - Shakespeare in t...
- 2015 ATC INTERNATIONAL MINIFEST
- Submissions Now Open for Playwrights’ Week 2015
- Center Theatre Group submission guidelines
- Paul Enger Play Reading Series
- 2015-16 Reva Shiner Comedy Award
- The Platform Group seeks playwrights
- Free Theater Event: SWEET DARKNESS & THE PLOT TO D...
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre's GET IT ON STAGE AN...
- The Downtown Urban Theater Festival (DUTF) is curr...
- Discount tickets to see INNER VOICES
- Between Us Productions Take Ten Festival
- Acadia University Theatre Company’s 22nd Annual In...
- Discount tickets to see THE BRIGHTNESS OF HEAVEN
- Free Theater Event in Los Angeles 10/18/14
- Original Play Submissions for the 26th Annual Play...
- Discount tickets to see THE BULLPEN
- Theatre Southwest 10th annual Reader's Theatre
- Jewish Plays Project
- Ensemble Studio Theatre Marathon - one act plays
- Playwrights First seeks full-length plays
- ATC INTERNATIONAL MINIFEST
- Lourdes University Drama Society 2014 One-Act Play...
- Open Tent Theater Company first original short pla...
- Lightbridge Theatre seeks monologues
- SUBMIT YOUR DEVISED PLAY TO LIVEARTDC
- Drury University is proud to announce its biennial...
- ▼ October (51)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)