Houston Family Arts Center is looking for a new, unproduced play to premiere as part of its 2015-2016 season.
HFAC produces “family-friendly” plays – not “children’s theatre,” but contemporary or period plays which do not contain strong language or adult themes. Some plays that HFAC has produced that fit into these parameters include "Over The River and Through the Woods" by Joe DiPietro, "A Raisin in the Sun," by Lorraine Hansberry, The 39 Steps by Patrick Barlo"Death by Design" by Rob Urbinai, and "Driving Miss Daisy" by Alfred Uhry.
Please submit a synopsis, character breakdown and 20-page sample to Artistic Director Teri Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The deadline is November 1, 2014.
The selected playwright will be brought to Houston for the opening.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
Saturday, October 18, 2014
- ► 2018 (546)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- Actors Theatre of Louisville 2015 NATIONAL TEN-MIN...
- Tiny Theater Application call at The Brick
- PEN/Laura Pels International Foundation for Theate...
- CALL FOR MUSICAL THEATRE PLAYS - THE RICHARD RODGE...
- CALL FOR 10-MINUTE LGBTQ PLAY
- DAYTON PLAYHOUSE FUTUREFEST
- Lightbridge Theatre and James Downing Theatre seek...
- American Renaissance Theater Company (ARTC) is see...
- The Great Gay Play and Musical Contest
- The Robert Rauschenberg Foundation is currently ac...
- THE DENNIS AND VICTORIA ROSS FOUNDATION is seeking...
- 2015 Prize for Women Playwrights
- Snowdance 2015
- BlackFry Productions seeks full-length plays
- 13th Street Repertory Company submission guideline...
- Houston Family Arts Center is looking for a new, u...
- EST/Sloan Project seeks works about science
- Discount tickets: SHATTER
- Discount tickets: DEAR DEIRDRE
- Testimonial - Matt Crowley
- Discount tickets: PLAYING ON AIR
- The Storefront Theatre: A FESTIVAL OF 10-MINUTE PL...
- RED PLAYWRITING COMPETITION
- Schreiber's Shorts - call for short plays
- One Act Playwriting Competition - Shakespeare in t...
- 2015 ATC INTERNATIONAL MINIFEST
- Submissions Now Open for Playwrights’ Week 2015
- Center Theatre Group submission guidelines
- Paul Enger Play Reading Series
- 2015-16 Reva Shiner Comedy Award
- The Platform Group seeks playwrights
- Free Theater Event: SWEET DARKNESS & THE PLOT TO D...
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre's GET IT ON STAGE AN...
- The Downtown Urban Theater Festival (DUTF) is curr...
- Discount tickets to see INNER VOICES
- Between Us Productions Take Ten Festival
- Acadia University Theatre Company’s 22nd Annual In...
- Discount tickets to see THE BRIGHTNESS OF HEAVEN
- Free Theater Event in Los Angeles 10/18/14
- Original Play Submissions for the 26th Annual Play...
- Discount tickets to see THE BULLPEN
- Theatre Southwest 10th annual Reader's Theatre
- Jewish Plays Project
- Ensemble Studio Theatre Marathon - one act plays
- Playwrights First seeks full-length plays
- ATC INTERNATIONAL MINIFEST
- Lourdes University Drama Society 2014 One-Act Play...
- Open Tent Theater Company first original short pla...
- Lightbridge Theatre seeks monologues
- SUBMIT YOUR DEVISED PLAY TO LIVEARTDC
- Drury University is proud to announce its biennial...
- ▼ October (51)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)