Rose Desena and Peggy Howard Chane run a monthly show in their Lounge at Lucky Jacks on Orchard Street downtown NYC.
We are looking for Original writing of Short Stories, Plays or Essays. Please see the rules below. We like funny, romantic, or political.
There is no fee to submit.
The shows will be completely produced by the group.
Our resident Director: Peggy Chane directs all the works.
There is no payment to the writer.
THE RULES: (Please follow carefully)
NY writers only
1. You must attend the evening, and send out the invite via email that we provide.
2. Not more then 10 Min.
3. Please list Characters
4. 2 Line synopses
5. Finale Drafts (we can not accept changes once we send it to the actors
6. No more then 3 to 4 characters
7. Only small hand held props No set (stage is small we use stools)
8. No lighting (we only have a simply spots)
9. No nudity
10. No actors under 18
11. Street clothes with some simple enhancements work best
12. You May attend the rehearsal that is done a few hours before the show
13. Send PDF with contact details to the address below, name and contact on the first page
EMAIL your work to: email@example.com
DEADLINE: On Going.
We are looking for June, and then Sept shows (we break for the summer).
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
- 4th STREET THEATER FIFTH ANNUAL TEN PLAY FESTIVAL
- Chicago's City Lit Theater's "Art of Adaptation Fe...
- Seeking 10-minute plays for show at Lucky Jacks on...
- Seeking Submissions for the 2018 Midwest Dramatist...
- The Chameleon Theatre Circle announces its 19th An...
- Barrington Stage Company New Play Award
- BMI Theatre Workshop
- Embassy of Foreign Artists
- New Voices Series seeks one-act scripts
- Dramatists Guild Foundation
- ALOHA THEATRE SEEKS SCRIPTS FOR 25TH ANNUAL ORIGIN...
- PLAYLAB CLASS OF 2019
- Summer Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- TBT seeks full-length plays
- Thespian Production is seeking one-act plays
- The Ten-Minute Musicals Project
- PROBLEMATIC PLAY FESTIVAL
- Manhattan Rep's Summer One Act Play Competition 20...
- American Stage’s 21st Century Voices: 2019 New Pla...
- Studio Players 5th Annual 10-Minute Play Festival
- Parsnip Ship seeks plays for 2018
- 8th Annual Shakespeare's Birthday Sonnet Slam
- Acadiana Repertory Theatre seeks plays and musical...
- The Gate Project
- Gladstone Library Writers in Residence 2019
- Theatre Topics submission guidelines
- OnStage!festival, a new Festival of American Theat...
- Sultan Padamsee Award for Playwriting 2018
- 51st Annual John Gassner Memorial Playwriting Awar...
- Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival – NY...
- PLAYWRIGHTS' LAB ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR MEMBER...
- Falso Mutis presents: First Open Call: Playwriting...
- #metoo Plays - 10-minute plays wanted
- Going To The River Festival 2018
- 2018 Third Annual One-Act Playwriting Jamboree
- Small Fish Radio submission guidelines
- Florida Theatrical Association announces the 2018 ...
- Roaring Epiphany Production Company seeks playwrig...
- Protest Plays' Get Out the Vote! Initiative
- Theatre Southwest 21th Annual Theatre Southwest Fe...
- Seeking short astrology-themed pieces for publicat...
- MadLab full-length submissions
- Everyday Inferno Theatre Co. Annual Outdoor Park S...
- Gi60 2018
- The 2018 Rockford New Play Festival
- Reclamation 2018 Plays written by and about Elders...
- ▼ April (46)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)