The New England Theatre Conference, Inc. Announces
The 51st Annual John Gassner Memorial Playwriting Award
A competition for new full-length plays
Entry Deadline: April 15, 2018
Winners Announcement: October 2018
This Award was created in 1967 to honor the late John Gassner (1903- 1967) for his lifetime dedication to all aspects of professional and academic theatre.
A panel of judges named by the NETC Executive Board will administer this award.
A staged reading of the award-winning scripts, or of selected scenes from those scripts, may be given at the annual NETC convention in the fall or on another occasion.
RULES OF ENTRY
• The competition is open to all playwrights.
• Submissions must be new full-length plays. Musicals will not be considered.
• Plays submitted to the competition
§ must not have been published as of April 15, 2018• The play must be submitted, along with:
§ must not have been produced by a professional or Equity
company as of April 15, 2018
§ must not be under option for publication or professional production as of April 15 2018
§ a statement that the play will not have been published or• Only manuscripts submitted electronically will be considered. •
professionally produced as of April 15, 2018, and that it is not under option for publication or professional production and will not be under such option as of April 15, 2018.
§ a list of the play’s workshop and non-professional productions, if any, and awards received, if any.
• Winners only will be notified.
• Deadline for submission of entries is April 15, 2018.
• Plays that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
• Playwrights may submit only one play to this or other NETC competitions in one year.
• The manuscript and enclosures must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The New England Theatre Conference, Inc.
John Gassner Memorial Playwriting Award 167 Cherry Street, #331
Milford, CT 06460
Email: email@example.com Tel: (617) 851-8535