Seeking fully produced,
(cast, directed and ready to be performed by July)
10 minute (or under) 1 act plays
for Manhattan Repertory Theatre's
10 Minute play Contest.
$250 prize for best 10 minute play production.
July 7 - July 15, 2016
at Manhattan Repertory Theatre,
303 West 42nd St. at 8th Ave.
Each 10 minute or less play will be given a short tech rehearsal, a full dress rehearsal with the other plays participating, a minimum of 2 performances and an additional 4 more performances if your play production goes on to the Semi-Finals and Finals.
To submit your 10 minute or less play production please email:
The complete script of the 10 minute or less play as a .pdf, a synopsis of the play,
the character breakdown, the set and lighting requirements,
the play's production history (if it has been produced before and where)
your mailing address, and a creative team leader contact email address to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday June 20, 2016
Please put “10 Minute Play Contest” in the subject heading.
We will contact you within a week, if not sooner, as to your acceptance.
Plays that we love will be accepted on a First-Come First-Served basis.
The earlier you submit the better chances you have of being accepted for we may end submissions before June 20, 2016, if we fill up all available performance slots
There is no submission fee. NON-EQUITY ONLY.
We will supply a technician to run the sound and lights.
Please know that plays must run 10 minutes or under in order to participate.
Voting will be done by audience ballot with graduated voting of each of the audience members 4 favorite plays. There is NO raising of the hands, or a "Panel of Experts?" like at some other play contests across the country. The voting is solely crowd-sourced and works incredibly well.
Once accepted, there will be a $30 commitment fee.
For more information, please log on to: http://www.manhattanrep.com/
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2018 (501)
- ► 2017 (662)
- CAP21 submission guidelines
- LILA's 2016-17 Season Script Submissions Wanted
- Short Attention Span Theatre V: KILLER INSTINCT
- Open Theatre Project submission guidelines
- Antaeus Theatre Company submission guidelines
- Broadway Rose submission guidelines
- MITF: Summer Is Still Accepting Short Subjects
- The Monthly Swap, July 2016
- PLAYWRIGHTS ON PARK Reading Series
- Attention political playwrights: Call For Entries ...
- Yale Repertory Theatre submission guidelines
- The Owl and Cat Theatre seeking new works
- Emerging Artists Theater New Work Series
- Call for Detroit Fringe Forward Festival 2016 Subm...
- 6th Annual Tri-State Theatre Festival
- Submissions are now open for the 28th Annual JetFe...
- Stratford East submission guidelines
- Crab Fat Seeks Convinced Atheist Writers for Speci...
- The York Theatre Company submission guidelines
- Screenwriting Workshop in NYC
- THESPIS THEATER FESTIVAL 2016
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre's 10 Minute Play Cont...
- Horse Trade Theater Group submission guidelines
- LE THÉÂTRE BLEU SEEKING SUBMISSIONS OF COMEDIES IN...
- Synergy seeks new plays written by prisoners and e...
- Babes with Blades seeks ongoing submissions
- Storytelling Structure at Primary Stages ESPA
- Suburban Holidays V
- Discount tickets: A PERSISTENT MEMORY
- Discount Tickets: OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES
- Scottish Book Trust seeks writers
- Free performance space (1 hour)
- 2016-2017 Ingram New Works Lab
- Talking Stick Festival
- CHROMATICO LAB seeks new plays
- THE HELEN-JEAN PRIZE 2016
- The Cloverdale Playhouse – Guidelines for Playwrit...
- ▼ June (37)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)