The University of Houston School of Theatre & Dance is excited to announce our second annual 10-Minute Play Festival for spring of 2016. We will begin accepting submissions for this festival on July 1, 2015; the submission period closes on September15, 2015. Nine selected 10-minute plays will receive productions as part of a multi-evening festival, produced in the newly upgraded José Quintero Theatre on the University of Houston campus. This festival is open to all applicants, amateur or professional.
- Scripts will only be accepted during a submission window of July 1 through September 15, 2015. Scripts received outside this window will not be accepted. The list of winning plays will be announced in November.
- We will accept only one play per playwright.
- Scripts should fall in the range of 8-12 pages and run roughly ten minutes. (Page count does not include the title page.)
- Characters in submitted plays should fall between the ages of 16-30 or else there should be no specific restrictions on the ages of the characters.
- Previously produced plays are not eligible.
- Musicals and plays for children are discouraged.
- Submissions will be acknowledged via email, but we do not offer critiques.
- Nine winning plays will receive productions in the José Quintero Theatre at the University of Houston in spring of 2015.
- There is no financial compensation for winning entries.
How to submit:
Plays must be submitted via email. There should be no identifiable information in the script.Your email should include all of the following information:
- play title
- your name
- your mailing address
- your phone number
- your email address
Email play to: email@example.com