The Village Playwrights is accepting 10 minute plays for Queer Scare II, staged reading of 8 short plays at New York City's LGBT Community Center to celebrate Halloween. Continuing the Gay Holiday reading series, the Village Playwrights will present Queer Scare II on October 28, 2015. But there are a couple changes this year.
This year playwrights compete for cash awards. The Awards for Queer Scare II will be $100 for Best Play, $75 for Scariest Play and $50 for Funniest Play. The audience (except for playwrights, actors and directors in the competition) will judge the plays. Only one award will be given to a playwright.
This year playwrights must self-produce their plays. The entails casting, direction and rehearsing for a staged reading of their play. The readings will be script-in-hand with minimal staging and no sets.
1. Scripts should have a Halloween theme from a LGBTQ perspective
2. Playwrights must be from the metro NYC area
3. Scripts must be 10 minutes or under
4. Deadline for submission is 5 pm, October 1, 2015
5. Plays will be read script-in-hand and minimally staged
6. Playwrights must self-produce (cast and rehearse a minimum of one hour.)
7. No fee to submit
Email your 10 minute script as an attachment to Village Playwrights@gmail.com
Include your name, address and telephone in the body of the email but not on the script. Your name should not appear on the script. Please write your play title on subject line of email.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
- ► 2018 (546)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Clubbed Thumb 2015 BIENNIAL COMMISSION
- The Fine Arts Association seeks 10-minute plays
- Playwrights' Roundtable seeks 10 minute plays
- M. T. Pockets Theatre Company 3rd Annual 10 Minute...
- Mabou Mines/Suite Resident Artist Program
- THEATRE ROULETTE
- Lourdes University Drama Society 2015 One-Act Play...
- Metropolitan Playhouse Living Literature Festival:...
- PlayPenn accepting applications for 2016 new play ...
- Call for Plays - Bellarmine University Internation...
- ARTISTIC STATEMENT WORKSHOP
- Free theater in Chicago: ROMEO & JULIET
- TSW-READERS THEATRE - CALL FOR SCRIPTS
- A FESTIVAL OF 10-MINUTE PLAYS
- 2nd Winters Playwrights Retreat
- Theatre Three Festival of One-Act Plays
- Discount tickets: THE HUMANS - $10 tickets
- Jonathan Larson Grants
- Oregon Contemporary Theatre submission guidelines
- Take Ten Festival
- New American Voices Play Reading Series
- National Playwright Residency Program Application ...
- Developmental Reading Series - Queer First Drafts ...
- The October Event Manhattan Repertory Theatre
- WOMEN’S PLAY FEST CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
- FIFTH ANNUAL SANITY IS FOR SUCKERS
- Write For Young Audiences
- Open Call for original unpublished Short Plays & S...
- THE HELEN-JEAN PRIZE
- Babes with Blades submission guidelines
- The City Theatre National Award for Short Playwrit...
- The Exit 7 New Short Play Contest
- 2015 Short Play Festival
- Playwrights: Submit Your Solo Pieces for ROAR
- Lama Theater Company and the Playwrights Project
- Thunderclap Productions submission guidelines
- Solo Performance
- MBS Productions submission guidelines
- Queer Scare II
- PLAYWRIGHTS FIRST seek full-length plays
- SHORT PLAY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
- AMY’S HORSE - A NEW THEATRE PODCAST
- The Secret Theater’s Flying Solo Festival
- Between Us Productions is seeking full-length play...
- University of Houston 10-Minute Play Festival Call...
- ▼ September (45)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)