INKtank is Rising Circle Theater Collective's play development intensive for playwrights of color. INKtank has a two-fold mission of providing emerging playwrights of color an artistic home and support system while assisting them in the creation of a more developed draft of a full-length script. The final drafts of the INKtank plays will be presented at PlayRISE, a culminating festival event where the selected works receive a public reading.
The INKtank Lab seeks to select 3-4 writers of color who are invested in the revision process of their own work as well of their peers in an artistic community environment with a shared intention of honest feedback and rigorous pursuit of excellence. The lab cycle will be facilitated by INKtank alums, Raquel Almazan (La Esperanza, or The Hopefulness) and Monet Hurst-Mendoza (Lilia, Veil'd). INKtank is a collaborative process where Rising Circle will provide structure and resources, while playwrights create what happens week-to-week based on the needs of each writer.
Applicants must submit the following by January 6, 2017:
• One full-length script that you would like to work on during the lab. The play must be in line with Rising Circle’s mission statement to expand the scope of storytelling on the American stage by giving voice to unheard stories of people of color. We are especially interested in plays that have an urgency to address the current social, political and cultural times. Please note: we are not accepting one-character plays or musicals at this time.
• A one-page Artistic Statement explaining your personal rewrite goals, what you feel are the strengths of the script, and what you would like to focus on for the piece during the developmental process. Please include any developmental history of this piece, if it has had readings in the past, or if there are any upcoming readings of your work.
*Please read all lab requirements and guidelines prior to applying.
*Applicants MUST live in the tri-state area to be considered.
*Finalist interviews will take place in early February.
All submissions must be sent via Submittable by Friday, January 6, 2017.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2018 (534)
- ► 2017 (662)
- Women in the Age of Trump - the semi-finalists
- Bill Broyles Award
- SKIRTS, the AlphaNYC Theater Company's Winter Thea...
- Carlton E. Spitzer’s Excellence in Playwriting 20...
- Promising Playwright Contest 2017
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre's 10 Minute Play Serie...
- MULTISTAGES 2017 NEW WORKS CONTEST
- The Navigators Theater Company seeks 10-minute pla...
- Proscenium is now accepting submissions
- Las Vegas Little Theatre's 9th Annual New Works Co...
- Call for Submissions For 5th Annual LaBute New The...
- The Robert J. Pickering Award for Playwriting Exce...
- WOMEN IN THE AGE OF TRUMP: submissions are now clo...
- Women in the Age of Trump - NYCPlaywrights call fo...
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre's SHORT PLAY PROJECT
- Source Festival 2017 10-Minute Play Submissions
- INK tank seeks playwrights of color
- Native American New Play Festival
- Premiere Stages seeks full-length plays
- Little Festival of the Unexpected 2016
- East Village Chronicles, Volume 13 April 2017
- Samuel French: Playwrights welcome
- Horse Trade Submission Guidelines
- Discount tickets: PUFFS
- Seeking 10-minute plays for show at Lucky Jacks on...
- The Owl and Cat Theatre seeks provocative world Pr...
- The Robert Chesley/Victor Bumbalo Foundation resid...
- HERE Artist Residency Program (HARP)
- Manhattan Rep's FEBRUARY SHORT PLAY PARTY
- Austin Playhouse Festival of New American Plays
- Undiscovered Countries seeking short sci-fi plays
- PL.A.Y Noir: One Act Play Festival
- 10-10 FESTIVAL SCRIPT SUBMISSION
- Celtic Calling 2017 Playwriting Contest
- Desde el Puente 2nd Annual One Act Play Festival
- Vermont Pride Theater at Chandler seeks full-lengt...
- Evergreen Museum & Library Artist-in-Residency Pro...
- MANHATTAN REP'S SPRING PLAY SPECTACULAR
- Act One: One Act Festival January 9th - 28th
- Spring Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- KUMU KAHUA THEATRE/UHM THEATRE AND DANCE DEPARTMEN...
- East End Fringe Festival
- This Is Not Normal: Application Call
- 2017 NEW VOICES PLAY FESTIVAL
- Pallas Theatre Collective welcomes submissions of ...
- The call for submissions is now open for EURODRAM ...
- ▼ December (46)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)