Seeking never produced before ORIGINAL 1 ACT PLAYS (7 minutes to 30 minutes)
(cast, directed and ready to perform)
And never produced before DANCE PIECES (7 - 20 minutes)
THE AUGUST EVENT
August 10 - August 27, 2016 at Manhattan Repertory Theatre,
303 West 42nd St. (at 8th Ave) NYC
We are looking for passionate playwright/producers from the Tri-State area who wish to participate and try out a new short play (7-30 minutes) or a DANCE PIECE (2 - 20 minutes) in front of a live audience!
This is an opportunity to bring your NEW short 1 act play or dance piece to life!
And it is FREE to participate!
EACH PLAY WILL RECEIVE A MINIMUM OF 2 PERFORMANCES (Possibly more!)
We will supply a technician to run your sound and lights for your production.
And again, there is no fee to participate.
Please know this Event is NON-EQUITY ONLY.
To submit your NEW, never produced before short 1 act play production or dance piece, please email:
The complete play, or synopsis of the dance piece,
a synopsis of the play,
the running time of the play or dance piece,
the set and lighting requirements,
your mailing address,
and a creative team leader contact email address to:
by August 8, 2016 at Midnight.
Please put “THE AUGUST EVENT" in the subject heading.
1 act play productions and dance pieces will be considered on a first - come first-served basis.
(The earlier you submit, the better your chances of being accepted.) If we fill up all production slots early on, we will end submissions earlier than August 7, 2016. Once submitted, we will get back to you within a couple days as to your acceptance.
Again, there are NO Manhattan Repertory Theatre based production fees of any kind.
If you have any questions about THE AUGUST EVENT 2016,
please drop us a line at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2018 (503)
- ► 2017 (662)
- T. Schreiber Theatre seeks 10-minute plays
- Crossing Borders Repertory – Fall Reading
- DEATHSCRIBE: The Annual International Festival of ...
- The Bridge Initiative is accepting new plays and m...
- NYCPlaywrights readers poll results
- 2016 Playwrights and Artists Festival
- Park Playhouse seeking new musicals
- Fall Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- London Horror Festival 2016
- Ars Nova Residency
- Still Crazy (After All These Years!)
- David Calicchio Emerging American Playwright Prize...
- Lagos Literary and Arts Journal submission guideli...
- Generate 31 New Plays in 31 Days
- Seeking short plays for young audiences
- MRT - THE AUGUST EVENT
- Can Serrat Residency
- Free reading: PUSH DOWN GENTLY AND TURN
- Caleb Reese Festival of New Plays and Musicals
- Monsterpiece Theater Collective is seeking new pla...
- Five Minute Mile – Theatre on the Run
- Discount tickets: VISITING HOURS
- Cimientos 2016
- MRT'S Summer One Act Play Competition seeks immedi...
- Discount tickets: A DAY AT THE SEA
- Lucky Penny's 5th Annual Festival of 10 Minute Pla...
- MPAACT is seeking submissions
- Nylon Fusion Theatre Company currently accepting s...
- 2017 Briefs: A Festival of Short LGBTQ Plays
- Infinity Stage, Sound & Film seeks scripts
- Overtime Theater Call for Submissions
- play for voices and words without borders contest
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre's 10 Minute play Conte...
- Discount tickets: HYSTERICAL
- NEW DRAMATISTS RESIDENCY
- North Park Playwright Festival 2016
- SEEKING SUBMISSIONS "SUMMER OF AUDIO"
- Sound Bites 4.0 Accepting Submissions
- Free reading in New Jersey: UNBOUND
- The Amoralists Residency
- LIVEART NYC SUMMER SHORTS 2016
- The Players Follies Play Reading Festival
- The Paragon Journal wants your play
- PLAY DATE: SUMMER 2016 - seeking female playwright...
- Wordsmyth Play Reading Series
- Call for original short Halloween plays by tri-sta...
- MRTʼs SUMMER ONE ACT PLAY COMPETITION 2016
- ▼ July (48)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)