The York Theatre Company is currently accepting scripts for consideration for its
Developmental Reading Series.
Please see the answers to frequently asked questions below:
Who can submit?
Both established and emerging writers. The York Theatre Company is one of the only theatres in the country that accepts unsolicited scripts.
What materials should I submit?
1. A cover letter introducing yourself and the piece, complete with name, address, phone number and email address.
2. A complete script of the piece
3. A demo of the score (as complete as possible)
How long does the evaluation process take?
The process generally takes six to twelve months: our script readers are dedicated but busy, and we're always working through a backlog.
Will my materials be returned?
While each submission will get a reply, we are unable to return your materials.
What shouldn't I submit?
. Non-musical plays: the York's mission concerns musicals only
. Jukebox musicals: the York is generally not interested in musicals without original scores, except under special circumstances
Where should I send my materials?
If you would like to submit electronically, please send the script and demo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would prefer to submit a hard copy, please send it to:
York Theatre Company
DEVELOPMENTAL READING SERIES
The Theatre at Saint Peter's
619 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10022
What if I have other questions that aren't answered here?
Please email our Reading Series Coordinator, Seth Christenfeld at email@example.com.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2018 (494)
- ► 2017 (662)
- CAP21 submission guidelines
- LILA's 2016-17 Season Script Submissions Wanted
- Short Attention Span Theatre V: KILLER INSTINCT
- Open Theatre Project submission guidelines
- Antaeus Theatre Company submission guidelines
- Broadway Rose submission guidelines
- MITF: Summer Is Still Accepting Short Subjects
- The Monthly Swap, July 2016
- PLAYWRIGHTS ON PARK Reading Series
- Attention political playwrights: Call For Entries ...
- Yale Repertory Theatre submission guidelines
- The Owl and Cat Theatre seeking new works
- Emerging Artists Theater New Work Series
- Call for Detroit Fringe Forward Festival 2016 Subm...
- 6th Annual Tri-State Theatre Festival
- Submissions are now open for the 28th Annual JetFe...
- Stratford East submission guidelines
- Crab Fat Seeks Convinced Atheist Writers for Speci...
- The York Theatre Company submission guidelines
- Screenwriting Workshop in NYC
- THESPIS THEATER FESTIVAL 2016
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre's 10 Minute Play Cont...
- Horse Trade Theater Group submission guidelines
- LE THÉÂTRE BLEU SEEKING SUBMISSIONS OF COMEDIES IN...
- Synergy seeks new plays written by prisoners and e...
- Babes with Blades seeks ongoing submissions
- Storytelling Structure at Primary Stages ESPA
- Suburban Holidays V
- Discount tickets: A PERSISTENT MEMORY
- Discount Tickets: OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES
- Scottish Book Trust seeks writers
- Free performance space (1 hour)
- 2016-2017 Ingram New Works Lab
- Talking Stick Festival
- CHROMATICO LAB seeks new plays
- THE HELEN-JEAN PRIZE 2016
- The Cloverdale Playhouse – Guidelines for Playwrit...
- ▼ June (37)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)