We are currently accepting submissions for the 2016-2017 season of the Playwrights on Park Reading Series at Playhouse on Park in West Hartford, CT.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: July 15.
Playwrights MUST be able to come to West Hartford for the day of the reading. There will be a talkback with the playwright and the cast after the reading. There will be a rehearsal the day of the reading in which attendance by the playwright is optional, but strongly encouraged. Transportation may be provided from NYC or New England locations by the Playhouse.
We will ultimately choose 5-6 readings for the 2016/2017 season. Final selections will be made by late August/early September.
The plays will receive a cast of professional actors and a director and will be presented as a staged reading for a public audience. After the reading, a moderated audience discussion with the actors, the director, and most importantly, the playwright, will give both the Playhouse on Park and the playwright constructive feedback to further develop the playwright's vision for the play.
Playwrights on Park is a new and exciting artistic endeavor for Playhouse on Park. Our mission is to develop and produce original plays and musicals, to foster emerging and established playwrights, and to become a leader in new play development. We aim to help establish the Greater Hartford Area as a premiere destination for the cultivation and exploration of innovative theatrical work.
▪ Please submit a FULL script and character breakdown (Please submit in PDF format).
▪ Include any production or workshop history, as well as biographies of the playwright, and any collaborators
▪ Playwrights may self submit or go through a literary agent.
▪ For musicals please submit the music on a CD or by mp3.
▪ Connecticut-based and NYC playwrights are strongly encouraged to submit
▪ NO FEE CHARGED
Sasha Brätt, Literary Manager
(860)-523-5900 ext 10
ONLINE Submission: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hardcopy Mailed Submission:
Playhouse on Park Reading Series
244 Park Road
West Hartford, CT 06119
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2018 (508)
- ► 2017 (662)
- CAP21 submission guidelines
- LILA's 2016-17 Season Script Submissions Wanted
- Short Attention Span Theatre V: KILLER INSTINCT
- Open Theatre Project submission guidelines
- Antaeus Theatre Company submission guidelines
- Broadway Rose submission guidelines
- MITF: Summer Is Still Accepting Short Subjects
- The Monthly Swap, July 2016
- PLAYWRIGHTS ON PARK Reading Series
- Attention political playwrights: Call For Entries ...
- Yale Repertory Theatre submission guidelines
- The Owl and Cat Theatre seeking new works
- Emerging Artists Theater New Work Series
- Call for Detroit Fringe Forward Festival 2016 Subm...
- 6th Annual Tri-State Theatre Festival
- Submissions are now open for the 28th Annual JetFe...
- Stratford East submission guidelines
- Crab Fat Seeks Convinced Atheist Writers for Speci...
- The York Theatre Company submission guidelines
- Screenwriting Workshop in NYC
- THESPIS THEATER FESTIVAL 2016
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre's 10 Minute Play Cont...
- Horse Trade Theater Group submission guidelines
- LE THÉÂTRE BLEU SEEKING SUBMISSIONS OF COMEDIES IN...
- Synergy seeks new plays written by prisoners and e...
- Babes with Blades seeks ongoing submissions
- Storytelling Structure at Primary Stages ESPA
- Suburban Holidays V
- Discount tickets: A PERSISTENT MEMORY
- Discount Tickets: OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES
- Scottish Book Trust seeks writers
- Free performance space (1 hour)
- 2016-2017 Ingram New Works Lab
- Talking Stick Festival
- CHROMATICO LAB seeks new plays
- THE HELEN-JEAN PRIZE 2016
- The Cloverdale Playhouse – Guidelines for Playwrit...
- ▼ June (37)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)