Open Theatre Project has an on-going submission call for original plays & musicals in hopes of collecting a local library of new & original works which represent the artistic potential of our community. Each play or musical submitted will only be read and assessed by OTP’s current CORE, and will be considered for OTP’s Playwriting Workshops, Series Productions, and more.
Will I hear back?
You absolutely will! OTP’s Playwriting Artistic Director, Howard Zilber is our ambassador to the local playwriting community and he also manages our literay endeavors. Along side our team of literary volunteers (let us know if you want to read for OTP) we will follow up with you about your piece within 3-4 days. Specific call for scripts will be announced socially and through the OTP Blog. Feel free to reach out with any questions!
What do I need to submit?
(and where do I send in my new works?)
Submission Check-List: (please include the following in your submission)
Name (pen name is fine)
Contact information (email, phone, website)
Title of play / musical
Length of play / musical
Actor requirements (include specific breakdowns)
.doc, .rtf, .pdf file formats accepted
Music Files may be submitted via email / drop box
Submissions should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
Saturday, June 25, 2016
- ► 2018 (546)
- ► 2017 (662)
- CAP21 submission guidelines
- LILA's 2016-17 Season Script Submissions Wanted
- Short Attention Span Theatre V: KILLER INSTINCT
- Open Theatre Project submission guidelines
- Antaeus Theatre Company submission guidelines
- Broadway Rose submission guidelines
- MITF: Summer Is Still Accepting Short Subjects
- The Monthly Swap, July 2016
- PLAYWRIGHTS ON PARK Reading Series
- Attention political playwrights: Call For Entries ...
- Yale Repertory Theatre submission guidelines
- The Owl and Cat Theatre seeking new works
- Emerging Artists Theater New Work Series
- Call for Detroit Fringe Forward Festival 2016 Subm...
- 6th Annual Tri-State Theatre Festival
- Submissions are now open for the 28th Annual JetFe...
- Stratford East submission guidelines
- Crab Fat Seeks Convinced Atheist Writers for Speci...
- The York Theatre Company submission guidelines
- Screenwriting Workshop in NYC
- THESPIS THEATER FESTIVAL 2016
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre's 10 Minute Play Cont...
- Horse Trade Theater Group submission guidelines
- LE THÉÂTRE BLEU SEEKING SUBMISSIONS OF COMEDIES IN...
- Synergy seeks new plays written by prisoners and e...
- Babes with Blades seeks ongoing submissions
- Storytelling Structure at Primary Stages ESPA
- Suburban Holidays V
- Discount tickets: A PERSISTENT MEMORY
- Discount Tickets: OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES
- Scottish Book Trust seeks writers
- Free performance space (1 hour)
- 2016-2017 Ingram New Works Lab
- Talking Stick Festival
- CHROMATICO LAB seeks new plays
- THE HELEN-JEAN PRIZE 2016
- The Cloverdale Playhouse – Guidelines for Playwrit...
- ▼ June (37)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)