Nightmare New York announces Nightmare Horror Show: New York's Only Scary Theater Festival
After 12 years of producing the city's oldest, largest and most horrifying Haunted House for Halloween, the Nightmare creators are going back to their theatrical roots and are producing the city's only horror theater festival. In addition to the works being presented by the artistic team of the haunted house, they are looking for a select few of the creepiest, most terrifying additional works to be a part of the oeuvre for the 4 week festival taking place at the same venue that the haunted house has been staged for the past 12 years (The Clemente in the lower east side). Nightmare entertains tens of thousands of patrons each year, and if selected your piece will be a part of a very visible and highly attended Halloween happening.
- Work approximately 30 minutes
- must be scary
- Must be NYC premieres, preferably US premieres.
- The production costs for your show are your own. You will be provided the space, general lighting and sound packages, a base set to work from, as well as a run crew (you can add to it) and promotion.
- no application or festival fee - all box offices is split 50/50
- 4 week run, no less than 3 performance dates a week
- You will be coupled with 2 other works on the same bill
- You will have appropriate tech time
email: email@example.com no later than July 1st the following:
- all resumes and bios associated with the show
- any press from past productions
- Artistic Statement
- Director concepts
- images if they exist
- video links to past productions
- anything else that would demonstrate the quality of the work.
This is a highly competitive application process. Very few works will be excepted. Nightmare is the most lauded horror attraction in NYC, and with it comes a certain cachet. It must fit the ethos and level of quality that is already being brought to the table. We know the most terrifying ghost story has yet to be told on stage for a live audience...perhaps it is your work that will do just that!
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2018 (503)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Proscenium Theatre Journal
- Postcard Theatre's New Writing Competition.
- North Park Playwright Festival
- NEW PLAY SUBMISSIONS FOR SUBURBAN HOLIDAYS 2015
- Page to Stage Playwriting Contest
- The Northern Writers' Project
- Brave New Ending Writing Challenge
- Moonlight Theatre Productions is seeking submissio...
- Radio Drama Revival Submission Guidelines
- StageCoach Theatre Company seeks scripts for young...
- Cimientos seeks plays
- Evergreen Theatre submssions guidelines
- Scary Theater Festival
- The Stella Adler Studio of Acting is seeking appli...
- 2015 FRED EBB AWARD
- The Relentless Award, established in honor of Phil...
- AFO now accepting submissions for their Works-in-P...
- STELLA ADLER NOW ACCEPTING FULL-LENGTH PLAY SUBMIS...
- Public Theater Submission Guidelines
- Call for Submissions UNFringed Festival
- Next Gen are always interested in new, exciting ma...
- Winter/Spring 2015-16 Full-Length Play Submission
- Everyday Inferno submission guidelines
- The Ingram New Works Project
- The 5th annual NEWvember New Plays Festival
- Seeking submissions of short scripts for podcast
- Thespis Theater Festival 2015
- Undiscovered Voices Scholarship
- Qu literary journal seeks scripts/excerpts
- New York New Works Festival Now Accepting Submissi...
- Panglossian is seeking new full-length plays
- 27th Annual JETFest
- Mystery on the Menu needs several 5-10 minute myst...
- Frequency is always open to submissions of unsolic...
- Acadiana Repertory Theatre submission guidelines
- Briefs: A Festival of Short LGBT Plays
- Theater for the New City Scratch Night
- Plays In Progress Series Submissions
- 12 Peers Theater is accepting play submissions
- ▼ June (39)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)