The St. Louis Actors’ Studio is proud to announce call for submissions for the 5th Annual LaBute New Theater Festival at the Gaslight Theater, with plays debuting from July 07 - 30, 2017. Submissions will be accepted through December 31, 2016.
Professional Submissions: Successful entries will have no more than four characters and be crafted specifically to exploit our intimate performance space. (18' x 18' stage) Changes in scenery or setting should be achievable quickly and with few major set moves. Our focus is on fundamental dramaturgy: plot, character and theme.
Professional, new and previously unproduced one-act play submissions should include a letter of inquiry, a synopsis and a 10-page sample from the script. Running time for each performance should not exceed 45 minutes.
Up to eight plays will be chosen, in addition, a new piece from Mr. LaBute will be performed every night for the run of the festival. Mr. LaBute is scheduled to participate in the opening weekend activities.
High School Submissions: Winning plays by high school students will be presented in readings. The guidelines are straightforward: The one act should include no more than four characters featuring a clearly developed plot and distinctive characters. No longer than 15 minutes in length.
Non-Professional, new and previously unproduced one-act play submissions should include a letter of inquiry and complete script.
Submissions should be sent to:
LaBute New Theater Festival
St. Louis Actors’ Studio
360 N Boyle Ave
St. Louis, MO 63108
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
Monday, December 26, 2016
- ► 2018 (537)
- ► 2017 (662)
- Women in the Age of Trump - the semi-finalists
- Bill Broyles Award
- SKIRTS, the AlphaNYC Theater Company's Winter Thea...
- Carlton E. Spitzer’s Excellence in Playwriting 20...
- Promising Playwright Contest 2017
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre's 10 Minute Play Serie...
- MULTISTAGES 2017 NEW WORKS CONTEST
- The Navigators Theater Company seeks 10-minute pla...
- Proscenium is now accepting submissions
- Las Vegas Little Theatre's 9th Annual New Works Co...
- Call for Submissions For 5th Annual LaBute New The...
- The Robert J. Pickering Award for Playwriting Exce...
- WOMEN IN THE AGE OF TRUMP: submissions are now clo...
- Women in the Age of Trump - NYCPlaywrights call fo...
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre's SHORT PLAY PROJECT
- Source Festival 2017 10-Minute Play Submissions
- INK tank seeks playwrights of color
- Native American New Play Festival
- Premiere Stages seeks full-length plays
- Little Festival of the Unexpected 2016
- East Village Chronicles, Volume 13 April 2017
- Samuel French: Playwrights welcome
- Horse Trade Submission Guidelines
- Discount tickets: PUFFS
- Seeking 10-minute plays for show at Lucky Jacks on...
- The Owl and Cat Theatre seeks provocative world Pr...
- The Robert Chesley/Victor Bumbalo Foundation resid...
- HERE Artist Residency Program (HARP)
- Manhattan Rep's FEBRUARY SHORT PLAY PARTY
- Austin Playhouse Festival of New American Plays
- Undiscovered Countries seeking short sci-fi plays
- PL.A.Y Noir: One Act Play Festival
- 10-10 FESTIVAL SCRIPT SUBMISSION
- Celtic Calling 2017 Playwriting Contest
- Desde el Puente 2nd Annual One Act Play Festival
- Vermont Pride Theater at Chandler seeks full-lengt...
- Evergreen Museum & Library Artist-in-Residency Pro...
- MANHATTAN REP'S SPRING PLAY SPECTACULAR
- Act One: One Act Festival January 9th - 28th
- Spring Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- KUMU KAHUA THEATRE/UHM THEATRE AND DANCE DEPARTMEN...
- East End Fringe Festival
- This Is Not Normal: Application Call
- 2017 NEW VOICES PLAY FESTIVAL
- Pallas Theatre Collective welcomes submissions of ...
- The call for submissions is now open for EURODRAM ...
- ▼ December (46)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)