Theatre Southwest is now accepting 5- to 10-minute scripts for the 12th Annual Reader's Theatre. Deadline for submission is Nov 7, 2016. Approximately 8-12 selected plays will be read and voted on by the attending audience. The audience favorite receives a $100 prize!
- Limit of two entries per playwright of an original work that has not been published or produced.
- Monologues and one man/woman plays are not accepted.
- All genres are accepted (light comedies, heavy dramas, thrillers, mystery, sci-fi, satire) with no regard to language or subject matter.
- All plays should be 5 to 10 minutes long, no exceptions. (If using standard play format a good gauge is 4-11 pages, excluding title page).
- Plays should be conducive to Reader's Theatre with simple stage directions and a story expressed through dialogue, not action.
- Scripts are accepted via mail only (no email, no PDFs) and must be postmarked by Nov 7. Scripts are not returned.
- Scripts should have a title page that includes the play title and playwright's contact information, as well as a list of characters and a brief synopsis of the play. Script pages should be numbered.
- ALL scripts should be stapled in the upper left-hand corner.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE.
Mail entries to:
Houston, TX 77063