Monsterpiece Theater Collective, a non profit independent theater company based in New York City, is developing a vehicle for new playwrights with its New Work Series. Playwrights are encouraged to electronically submit one new work to be considered for a reading series and the possibility of a full production, produced by the Monsterpiece Theater Collective. In order to be considered your play must meet the following criteria:
- all works must be complete, no treatments or works in progress
- only one piece per playwright
- no more than 8 actors needed for production
- approximately between 30 - 90 minutes in length with no intermission
- sent as a PDF in standard script format
- plays must not be previously produced in New York (readings and staged readings are ok)
- musicals submissions will not be considered without submitted demo tracks for all songs
- playwright must hold copyright for any material used that is not original to the playwright
- playwright must be local or able to travel at own expense
- playwright is encouraged to be involved in rehearsal process and must be present for all performances.
Playwright will be contacted upon receipt of submission and again when selections made.
Monsterpiece Theater Collective will choose no more than 6 pieces to be presented in a staged reading format with directors and cast chosen by the Collective. Of those readings, one will be chosen by audience vote to receive a full production. Reading series to take place in late September or early October 2016 with full production slated for November 2016.
To submit please email a brief synopsis with contact information and attached script to the address below. Direct submissions only.