The Growing Stage Theatre has extended the deadline for script submissions for its 5th Annual New Play-Reading Festival!
This project is open to any unpublished and unproduced TYA scripts.
The New Play-Reading Festival is a wonderful opportunity for artists to have their unpublished works presented before an audience, in a play-reading scenario on two separate occasions during our 2015/2016 season.
Four scripts will be chosen to be featured in this festival. The initial play readings will take place November 13th through 15th. The second set of readings will take place February 26th through 28th. After each reading, there will be a dialogue among the audience, performers and playwright. After the second round of readings, one of the four scripts will then be selected to be presented as part of The Growing Stage Theatre’s 2015/2016 season!!
The Growing Stage Theatre is committed to creating and presenting professional theatre for young people and their families and to provide them with the unique and affordable opportunity to share a fun, culturally significant moment in an intimate and special venue, The Historic Palace Theater. Young people are also given the opportunity to grow as performers by working alongside professional actors as part of the theatre learning experience.
Shows usually require a minimum of 4 characters/performers; there is no maximum, provided that if necessary, doubling is OK with the playwright.
Please send script submissions for the New Play-Reading Festival along with a brief synopsis by August 10, 2015 to the Festival Director, Steve Graham: email@example.com
The Growing Stage Theatre
New Play-Reading Festival
Attn: Steve Graham
P.O. Box 36
Netcong, NJ 07857
If your script submission is an adaptation, we do ask that you also please include proof that you have permission from the author to adapt their work.
If you would like to learn more about the mission of The Growing Stage Theatre, please visit:
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
Monday, July 6, 2015
- ► 2018 (502)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Diez Minutos 2016 seeks 10-minute plays
- Primary Stages Einhorn School of Performing Arts (...
- Generations residency
- Talos Science Fiction Theatre Festival Call for Sc...
- Bread & Roses Theatre Company seeks short plays
- DEATHSCRIBE 2015
- Hijabi Monologues
- Studio C Artists Holiday Show
- FUTURE TEN FESTIVAL OF 10-MINUTE PLAYS
- Overtime Theater Call for Submissions 2016
- 2016 David Calicchio Emerging American Playwright ...
- Discount tickets: MRS. SMITH'S BROADWAY CAT-TACULA...
- 10 by 10 x 10 Ten Minute Play Festival
- The August Event
- THIRD ANNUAL UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS- AMHERST ...
- Fall Playwriting Classes at ESPA!
- Pipeline submission guidelines
- Upright Citizen's Brigade Diversity Scholarship
- London Horror Festival
- Call for original short plays by playwrights from ...
- 4th Annual nuVoices New Play Festival
- RADD Theatre Co call for submissions
- The Yale Drama Series is seeking submissions for i...
- LIC One Act Festival 2015
- The Hormel Festival of New Plays and Musicals 201...
- Nylon Fusion Theatre Company is currently acceptin...
- 1812 Productions Submission Guidelines
- July Short Play Lab
- Cutler Bay Community Theater 2015 Ten-Minute Play...
- New Jersey Playwrights Contest of William Paterson...
- New Play-Reading Festival Script Submission Deadli...
- PICK OF THE VINE – Season 14 (2016)
- The Players Follies Group seeks 10-minute plays
- Accepting submissions for Lama Theater Company’s M...
- Nerve Lantern submissions: Yoko Ono
- Playhouse Creatures submission guidelines
- Random Access Workshop Readings
- Roister Doister Publishing seeks plays for young p...
- ▼ July (38)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)