Now accepting submissions for the third year of the Page to Stage Playwriting Contest!
Entries are due by June 30.
The winning selection will receive a staged reading at the Cloverdale Playhouse’s Elizabeth Crump Theater in September 2015.
The Cloverdale Playhouse – Guidelines for Playwriting Contest Submissions
Plays may be submitted between May 5 and June 30, 2015. No fee required. Only one play per playwright accepted.
About the Play
- Non-musical, full-length plays for writers 19 years and older.
-Non-musical, one-act plays for writers 18 years and younger. Must have parent’s or guardian’s written permission. All other requirements are the same.
- No limit on number of characters
- No restrictions on subject
- Submitted scripts must be unpublished and must not have received a full production. The Cloverdale Playhouse reading is to be a world premiere.
- No translations or adaptations of previously published works
- No changes or revisions after submission
About the Format
- Must be submitted by email to email@example.com as an attachment in adobe acrobat pdf
- Must be written in English
- Adult Division: minimum 60 pages, maximum 120 pages, using the guidelines of http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.aact2.org/resource/resmgr/program_materials/script_formatting_guidelines.pdf
- Young Writers’ Division: minimum 10 pages, maximum 30 pages, using the guidelines at the link above.
- Script must include, near the front: Cast list, brief character descriptions, and set requirements
- Script must have no indication of the author’s name on any page or in the file properties (this allows readers to be totally objective).
About the Reading
- Winner will be notified by August 15, 2015
- Members of the Cloverdale Playhouse Artistic Committee will judge the submissions and select a winner. The judges’ decision will be final.
- The winning play will be read at the Cloverdale Playhouse by actors from the community in September 2015.
- Publicity for the event will be handled by the Cloverdale Playhouse. The winning playwright may be asked to participate in preparing the event and any media/marketing relating to the event.
While all reasonable care will be taken, the Cloverdale Playhouse cannot accept responsibility for loss of, or damage to, submitted scripts.
The Cloverdale Playhouse and judges will destroy all electronic script submissions after the close of the program.
Incomplete submissions will be ineligible for inclusion in the program.
Questions? Please contact the Cloverdale Playhouse at (334) 262-1530. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.cloverdaleplayhouse.org
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
- ► 2018 (546)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Proscenium Theatre Journal
- Postcard Theatre's New Writing Competition.
- North Park Playwright Festival
- NEW PLAY SUBMISSIONS FOR SUBURBAN HOLIDAYS 2015
- Page to Stage Playwriting Contest
- The Northern Writers' Project
- Brave New Ending Writing Challenge
- Moonlight Theatre Productions is seeking submissio...
- Radio Drama Revival Submission Guidelines
- StageCoach Theatre Company seeks scripts for young...
- Cimientos seeks plays
- Evergreen Theatre submssions guidelines
- Scary Theater Festival
- The Stella Adler Studio of Acting is seeking appli...
- 2015 FRED EBB AWARD
- The Relentless Award, established in honor of Phil...
- AFO now accepting submissions for their Works-in-P...
- STELLA ADLER NOW ACCEPTING FULL-LENGTH PLAY SUBMIS...
- Public Theater Submission Guidelines
- Call for Submissions UNFringed Festival
- Next Gen are always interested in new, exciting ma...
- Winter/Spring 2015-16 Full-Length Play Submission
- Everyday Inferno submission guidelines
- The Ingram New Works Project
- The 5th annual NEWvember New Plays Festival
- Seeking submissions of short scripts for podcast
- Thespis Theater Festival 2015
- Undiscovered Voices Scholarship
- Qu literary journal seeks scripts/excerpts
- New York New Works Festival Now Accepting Submissi...
- Panglossian is seeking new full-length plays
- 27th Annual JETFest
- Mystery on the Menu needs several 5-10 minute myst...
- Frequency is always open to submissions of unsolic...
- Acadiana Repertory Theatre submission guidelines
- Briefs: A Festival of Short LGBT Plays
- Theater for the New City Scratch Night
- Plays In Progress Series Submissions
- 12 Peers Theater is accepting play submissions
- ▼ June (39)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)