Completing a draft is a huge accomplishment, but shifting your point of view from writing to rewriting can be disorienting and murky.
Instructor: Melissa Ross (Writer, Of Good Stock at MTC, Nice Girl at Labyrinth)
Saturday, December 1 and Sunday, December 2
1:00pm – 6:00pm
This class might be for you if you:
- Have a draft of a play that you are ready to begin the revision process on, but need to get organized before embarking on rewrites.
- Need some inspiration to jumpstart the rewriting process.
In this class you will:
- Bring in a draft of a play that you are revising or would like to start revising.
- Interrogate your play by diving into writing exercises geared toward rewriting, which you will apply to your play.
- Share your work along the way, so you can hear and reflect on the drafts of your scenes as you go.
- Have a one-on-one consultation with Melissa on the second day of the workshop to ensure you have a clear picture of what you want your play to be.
By the end of this class you will:
- Have a focused idea of where your play is headed and clear agenda for your revision process.
- Be ready to join our Rewriting Your Draft class and start the process of revising your play!
Our award-winning faculty, comprised of working professionals in the field, provides practical skills and expert guidance in a collaborative community atmosphere.
Primary Stages ESPA provides students easy and convenient payment plans to break up tuition. For more information, call 212.840.9705 x215 or email email@example.com.