Does your play say what you think it’s saying? How do you know if it doesn’t? Through a series of guided exercises and discussion, spend this 2-day workshop breaking open your play and tuning your sense of how a play “lands” on its ear.
Instructor: Stefanie Zadravec (Writer, The Electric Baby at Two River Theatre Company)
November 10 & 11 from 11:00am – 3:00pm
This class might be for you if you:
- Have a play (or an idea for a play) that you want to explore with the idea of resonance in mind.
- Want to create work that is theatrical, impactful, ecstatic, poetic, and/or political.
In this class you will:
- Take a piece of your writing and break it open.
- Complete writing exercises to help you discover what your play is saying and who its audience is.
- Engage in class discussion with Stefanie about what makes a play resonate.
By the end of this class you will:
- Have some easy tools to break open your work.
- Feel that you can write fearlessly and leave your mark.
Our award-winning faculty, comprised of working professionals in the field, provides practical skills and expert guidance in a collaborative community atmosphere.