The final magic ingredient for any play in development is hearing it aloud and putting it in front of an audience. This rigorous class is for those with complete drafts who are ready to hear their play in full and embark on strategic rewrites.
Instructor: Kara Lee Corthron (Writer, AliceGraceAnon at New Georges)
Mondays from 6:00pm – 10:00pm
September 17, 24, October 1, 15, 22, 29, November 5, 12, 19, 26
This class might be for you if:
- You have a complete draft of a play, and are ready to hear it in full and embark on strategic rewrites.
- You are able to evaluate the current state of your play and the feasibility of attaining your goals in the application process for this class (more info below).
In this class you will:
- Have the opportunity to hear your draft read aloud in its entirety twice by a company of actors.
- Hear your draft read in the first half of the semester and be given three weeks to revise your draft before the second reading, guided by feedback from the instructor and your fellow writers.
- Be allotted two hours of class time for each reading and feedback session.
- Be able to invite friends and family to the second reading to provide additional feedback via a questionnaire of your design.
By the end of this class you will:
- Have a deeper understanding of what your play wants to be and specific next steps for additional revisions.
By application only. Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Apply now: https://primarystages.org/espa/writing/the-second-draft/
Our award-winning faculty, comprised of working professionals in the field, provides practical skills and expert guidance in a collaborative community atmosphere.
Primary Stages ESPA provides students easy and convenient payment plans to break up tuition. For more information, call 212.840.9705 x215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.