So you want to write a play. Is it going to be sweet? Pretty? Urbane? If so, take another class. During this 2-day workshop with Robert Askins, Tony Award-nominated author of Broadway’s deliciously devilish Hand to God, we’re going to explore our rage.
Instructor: Robert Askins (Hand to God on Broadway, EST, and MCC; Permission at MCC)
Saturday, September 22 and Sunday, September 23
12:00pm – 3:00pm both days
This class might be for you if you:
- Are angry, disappointed, almost livid.
- Love works like Blasted, Look Back in Anger, and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
In this class you will:
- Talk about how you can yell at the world through the megaphone of the stage.
- Investigate the relationship between raw energy and formal restraint, harnessing the two for more electrifying and dynamic writing.
- Delve into exercises and discussion to find the balance between fury and discipline.
By the end of this class you will:
- Understand how to channel your rage and passion into powerful theater that lights the audience ablaze.
Our award-winning faculty, comprised of working professionals in the field, provides practical skills and expert guidance in a collaborative community atmosphere.
Primary Stages ESPA provides students easy and convenient payment plans to break up tuition. For more information, call 212.840.9705 x215 or email email@example.com.