Writers, poets, storytellers, musicians, and comedians!
Small Fish Radio is looking for material for our new weekly podcast,
THE APPROXIMATELY 20-MINUTE VARIETY HOUR.
LISTEN to The Approximately 20-Minute Variety Hour
STEP TWO: What to write?
TWO-MINUTE SOAP OPERA – serialized: four to eight 2-3 minute episodes for a one story arc.
NO MORE THAN 3 MINUTES (run time) PER EPISODE
FLASH FAIRY TALE, MIDDLE AGED FANTASY –
1-2 minute fairy tales or stories.
BARNYARD CLASSICS –
2-3 minute re-telling of a "Classic."
This just might be the perfect medium for the little idea
you don't know what to do with, a collection of limericks you
wrote, that silly little one-minute play, or a very short story.
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING:
Five Actors or Less – This does not mean five characters or less, it simply means
your play must be able to be performed by a maximum of five actors.
NO STAGE DIRECTIONS – While this may seem obvious given our “radio” format, it is important to remember that your play is conveyed through the dialogue, music, and sound effects.
Please do not submit recorded radio plays, stories or music.
We are not accepting produced radio plays.
Multiple submissions are acceptable, as long as you follow the guidelines listed above.
Please send your submissions (or questions) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow us on Facebook for news of our next call for submissinos.
Small Fish Radio Theatre and Thespinarium produces portable theatre for the ear.
Over the past three years we’ve produced 14 shows featuring the work of over 50 artists from around the world. We’ve recorded live at Chicago Fringe, Chicago Dramatists, Victory Gardens Theatre, Simon's Tavern, and Small Fish Radio was a top-featured podcast on Atlanta Fringe Audio for the last three years. Our shows are recorded before a live audience, then a podcast of the showis offered for free here on iTunes and via our website.
To listen to our latest program, you may download the FREE podcast from iTunes and listen at your leisure, or go to our home page to listen there.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
- 4th STREET THEATER FIFTH ANNUAL TEN PLAY FESTIVAL
- Chicago's City Lit Theater's "Art of Adaptation Fe...
- Seeking 10-minute plays for show at Lucky Jacks on...
- Seeking Submissions for the 2018 Midwest Dramatist...
- The Chameleon Theatre Circle announces its 19th An...
- Barrington Stage Company New Play Award
- BMI Theatre Workshop
- Embassy of Foreign Artists
- New Voices Series seeks one-act scripts
- Dramatists Guild Foundation
- ALOHA THEATRE SEEKS SCRIPTS FOR 25TH ANNUAL ORIGIN...
- PLAYLAB CLASS OF 2019
- Summer Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- TBT seeks full-length plays
- Thespian Production is seeking one-act plays
- The Ten-Minute Musicals Project
- PROBLEMATIC PLAY FESTIVAL
- Manhattan Rep's Summer One Act Play Competition 20...
- American Stage’s 21st Century Voices: 2019 New Pla...
- Studio Players 5th Annual 10-Minute Play Festival
- Parsnip Ship seeks plays for 2018
- 8th Annual Shakespeare's Birthday Sonnet Slam
- Acadiana Repertory Theatre seeks plays and musical...
- The Gate Project
- Gladstone Library Writers in Residence 2019
- Theatre Topics submission guidelines
- OnStage!festival, a new Festival of American Theat...
- Sultan Padamsee Award for Playwriting 2018
- 51st Annual John Gassner Memorial Playwriting Awar...
- Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival – NY...
- PLAYWRIGHTS' LAB ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR MEMBER...
- Falso Mutis presents: First Open Call: Playwriting...
- #metoo Plays - 10-minute plays wanted
- Going To The River Festival 2018
- 2018 Third Annual One-Act Playwriting Jamboree
- Small Fish Radio submission guidelines
- Florida Theatrical Association announces the 2018 ...
- Roaring Epiphany Production Company seeks playwrig...
- Protest Plays' Get Out the Vote! Initiative
- Theatre Southwest 21th Annual Theatre Southwest Fe...
- Seeking short astrology-themed pieces for publicat...
- MadLab full-length submissions
- Everyday Inferno Theatre Co. Annual Outdoor Park S...
- Gi60 2018
- The 2018 Rockford New Play Festival
- Reclamation 2018 Plays written by and about Elders...
- ▼ April (46)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)