We are now accepting submissions to the 13th Annual Reader's Theatre! General guidelines are listed below. Time to get writing!
Submission Deadline: October 25, 2017
Approximately 8-12 selected plays will be read and voted on by the attending audience. Two fifty-dollar ($50) prizes will be awarded, one selected by the event readers and one voted on as Audience Favorite.
- Limit of two entries per playwright of an original work that has not been published or produced.
- Monologues and one person plays are not accepted.
- All genres are accepted (light comedies, heavy dramas, thrillers, mystery, sci-fi, satire) with no regard to language or subject matter.
- All plays should be 5 to 10 minutes long, no exceptions. (If using standard play format a good gauge is 4-11 pages, excluding title page).
- Plays should be conducive to Reader's Theatre with simple stage directions and a story expressed through dialogue, not action.
- Scripts are accepted via mail only (no email, no PDFs) and must be postmarked by October 25, 2017. Scripts are not returned.
- Scripts should have a title page that includes the play title and playwright's contact information, as well as a list of characters and a brief synopsis of the play. Script pages should be numbered.
- ALL scripts should be stapled in the upper left-hand corner.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE.
Playwrights selected will be informed prior to the event.
Mail entries to:
Houston, TX 77063