The Sauk (Jonesville Michigan) is currently seeking entries to consider for our 2018 Plays-In-Development. We are seeking unproduced plays. These can be any style (comedy, drama, children's play and/or musical) and any length (one-act or full-length). A completed draft of the play must be submitted. It is understood that changes can be made to the script between initial submission and performance.
The goal of Plays-in-Development is help playwrights continue to develop plays that have yet to be produced. By working with a director and actors, the playwright can learn vital information about their work. After the public readings, playwrights are able to participate in a talkback with the audience. We want playwrights to leave the experience with positive and constructive feedback to improve their plays.
Selected playwrights will be asked to be involved in the Plays-in-Development process. The plays will first go through notes with the executive director in early 2018. A director will then be assigned to each play and work with the playwright prior to an audition draft being submitted. Auditions will take place in early June with two weeks of rehearsals prior to public readings. Playwrights are encouraged to make changes to their scripts throughout the rehearsal process (often handing in new drafts on a weekly or even daily basis). The public staged readings will take place on June 29 and 30, 2018. A royalty is provided to the selected playwrights and The Sauk is seeking funding to help pay travel expenses to and from The Sauk for performances.
Draft copies of scripts can be sent to Executive Director Trinity Bird at email@example.com. The deadline for submission is 5 p.m. on Friday, October 6, 2017.
The play selection committee will review all submissions and select the scripts to be part of the process. For more information, contact the e-mail above.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
- ► 2018 (546)
- Stage Door Productions, Inc Eleventh Annual Origin...
- University of Houston 10-Minute Play Festival Call...
- The Clubbed Thumb Biennial Commission
- NYCPlaywrights Write a Monologue for Me ~ Part II ...
- First Flight New Play Festival
- MiniFest 2018 Script Submissions
- 2018 Women Playwrights Series (WPS) and Susan Glas...
- Theatrical Botanicum Seedlings
- Pipedream Productions seeks short plays
- 2018 Snowdance® 10 Minute Comedy Festival
- Richard Rodgers Award
- InViolet's SECOND MONDAY SOCIAL
- Eden Prarie's 2018 Collection of One Acts
- Jerome Fellowship
- Call for Plays - Bellarmine University Internation...
- JAMES TAIT BLACK PRIZE FOR DRAMA
- The Playwrights' Center Core Writer Program
- Everyday Inferno Annual Outdoor Park Show
- NYCPlaywrights WRITE A MONOLOGUE FOR ME ~ part II
- Empire Stage submission guidelines
- Between Us Productions 7th Annual Take Ten Festiva...
- Coffee & Whisky Script Pub submission guidelines
- New Plays for Young Audiences seeks full-length pl...
- Manhattan Rep's Playwright's Showcase
- Primary Previews: Pride and Prejudice
- 2018 Last Frontier Theatre Conference
- Puffin Foundation Grant Award
- Call for Unproduced Latin@ Plays
- The Female Gaze seeks monologue
- PRIMARY STAGES: Everything is Action (Throwback)
- FUTUREFEST 2018
- EST/Sloan Project
- 2018 Van Lier New Voices Fellowship
- Target Margin Theater TMI Institute Fellowship
- Reva Shiner Comedy Award
- Theatre Southwest 13th Annual Reader's Theatre
- The Dare Tactic seeks plays & musicals
- NYCPlaywrights Write a Monologue for Me project se...
- Rover Dramawerks fourth annual 10-Minute Play Cont...
- Camargo Foundation residency
- Cape Cod Theatre Project 2018
- Tree City Playhouse 10-Minute Play Competition
- Winterfest Theater Festival
- Talk Back Theater seeks plays by women
- HERE Artist Residency Program
- A Primary Stages ESPA Classic Workshop, offered in...
- Shakespeare in the ‘Burg Fifth Annual One-Act Play...
- The Sauk plays in development
- Manhattan Rep's Playwright's Showcase
- American Antiquarian Society Fellowships for Creat...
- Call for Submissions - Hidden Hate / Hidden Love
- Downtown Urban Arts Festival (DUAF) seeking plays
- Jewish Women's Theater seeks
- ▼ October (53)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)