The Accidental Activist – January 20 – Feb 6
A moving and humorous show about people who act to right a wrong, help the helpless, or bring forth a smile where there was no hope. We are looking for material that tells a story about helping, acting to change something that strongly affected you, your success and/or lessons learned. It can also be someone else’s story.
Deadline for submissions: October 15, 2017.
Okay, you’re Jewish, that’s a good start, but how “Jewish” do you have to write? When submitting material, consider the following parameters for your submission:
- Please check the themes of the season and submit accordingly. We will not accept late submissions this year. Thank you!
- Please make sure your name and title of your work appear on your submission.
- An element of Jewish resonance is important, but your submission does not need to feature being Jewish as the prominent theme or subject.
- Feature women or a woman’s point of view, but not exclusively. Male characters are welcome.
- Short one-acts (10 minutes max) and monologues (7 minutes max) are preferred. Will read full-length, but unlikely will produce.
- 1500 words or less preferred
- Must be topical for the 21st century. While we consider plays set in another time period, we mostly select contemporary pieces.
- Small cast a must. One-person shows okay.
- Previously produced or published work is welcome. Please include production and/or publication history. A new version of a classic or an adaptation from another medium would definitely be of interest.
- Although the primary focus of the JWT is on the writing, music is often a part of our events. We encourage composers, song-writers, and performers to submit individual work. Musicals are welcome.
Submit your material to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to let us know the salon you are submitting for in the subject line of your email.