Submission window closes October 30, 2017
Are you a playwright with a new full-length thing (between, say, 75 and 100-ish pages) that you want to hear read aloud by talented actors? Are you ready to take the next step in your play’s development? Well we want to hear from you! Coffee & Whiskey Productions is now accepting submissions on a rolling basis for the Coffee & Whiskey Script Pub, our play reading series. We’re interested in everything– if it’s unproduced and entertaining, send it our way. We have no restrictions on content, no problems with your goddamned potty mouth, and don’t mind genre work. We only want to make some of the best freakin’ theatre out there, whatever form it takes. We especially delight in all things funny, off-beat, and just plain weird, but we’re ready to tackle whatever you’ve got. Sci-fi? No problem! Magical Realism? Can do! Gritty Family Drama? Bring it! Wagnerian Epic about Joe Paterno descending the Nine Levels of Nittany Lion Hell*? Sure, why the hell not!
(Oh, one very important thing to note: we can’t do musicals at this time. If your play has a song or two, we can probably work with it, but full on musical theatre is out. Sorry!)
Please send all script submissions electronically, to scripts [at] coffeeandwhiskeyproductions [dot] com; use the subject line “Script Pub Submission: [title of the play]”, so we know what to do with it. Be sure to include a synopsis of the play, as well as a brief bio and contact information. We prefer the PDF format, but if you have some kind of ethical issue with that, just let us know and we’ll see what we can finagle. We try to respond as quickly as possible to all submissions, but give us 4-6 weeks to review your work. If it’s been a couple of months and you haven’t heard back from us, please send us a friendly follow up inquiry. And if you have any questions at all about the process, the Script Pub, or Coffee & Whiskey in general, feel free to shoot us an email, or contact us on Facebook. We check that a lot.
Good Luck, and see you at the Script Pub!
*THIS WOULD BE AMAZING PLEASE SEND THIS TO US IMMEDIATELY
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
Friday, October 20, 2017
- ► 2018 (503)
- Stage Door Productions, Inc Eleventh Annual Origin...
- University of Houston 10-Minute Play Festival Call...
- The Clubbed Thumb Biennial Commission
- NYCPlaywrights Write a Monologue for Me ~ Part II ...
- First Flight New Play Festival
- MiniFest 2018 Script Submissions
- 2018 Women Playwrights Series (WPS) and Susan Glas...
- Theatrical Botanicum Seedlings
- Pipedream Productions seeks short plays
- 2018 Snowdance® 10 Minute Comedy Festival
- Richard Rodgers Award
- InViolet's SECOND MONDAY SOCIAL
- Eden Prarie's 2018 Collection of One Acts
- Jerome Fellowship
- Call for Plays - Bellarmine University Internation...
- JAMES TAIT BLACK PRIZE FOR DRAMA
- The Playwrights' Center Core Writer Program
- Everyday Inferno Annual Outdoor Park Show
- NYCPlaywrights WRITE A MONOLOGUE FOR ME ~ part II
- Empire Stage submission guidelines
- Between Us Productions 7th Annual Take Ten Festiva...
- Coffee & Whisky Script Pub submission guidelines
- New Plays for Young Audiences seeks full-length pl...
- Manhattan Rep's Playwright's Showcase
- Primary Previews: Pride and Prejudice
- 2018 Last Frontier Theatre Conference
- Puffin Foundation Grant Award
- Call for Unproduced Latin@ Plays
- The Female Gaze seeks monologue
- PRIMARY STAGES: Everything is Action (Throwback)
- FUTUREFEST 2018
- EST/Sloan Project
- 2018 Van Lier New Voices Fellowship
- Target Margin Theater TMI Institute Fellowship
- Reva Shiner Comedy Award
- Theatre Southwest 13th Annual Reader's Theatre
- The Dare Tactic seeks plays & musicals
- NYCPlaywrights Write a Monologue for Me project se...
- Rover Dramawerks fourth annual 10-Minute Play Cont...
- Camargo Foundation residency
- Cape Cod Theatre Project 2018
- Tree City Playhouse 10-Minute Play Competition
- Winterfest Theater Festival
- Talk Back Theater seeks plays by women
- HERE Artist Residency Program
- A Primary Stages ESPA Classic Workshop, offered in...
- Shakespeare in the ‘Burg Fifth Annual One-Act Play...
- The Sauk plays in development
- Manhattan Rep's Playwright's Showcase
- American Antiquarian Society Fellowships for Creat...
- Call for Submissions - Hidden Hate / Hidden Love
- Downtown Urban Arts Festival (DUAF) seeking plays
- Jewish Women's Theater seeks
- ▼ October (53)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)