Please note: their submission for indicates they have reached the maximum number of submissions.
Submissions are now open for the first annual Women's One Acts! festival with Eden Prairie Players. We are seeking unpublished works between 10-20 minutes that provide meaningful roles for women, written by female-identified playwrights. A per-performance license fee is offered. There is opportunity to direct your own play if chosen, but we cannot offer housing for playwrights.
Eden Prairie Players is accepting submissions of unpublished one act plays for its Women’s One Act festival to be produced in Spring of 2018.
Please read the submission guidelines, then go to the One Acts Submission Form.
- We are allowing up to three submissions per playwright.
- Open to playwrights worldwide, but plays must be aimed at an English-speaking audience.
- Playwrights must identify as female.
- We are seeking unpublished one-act plays: dramas, comedies, etc. (previously-produced or stage readings OK)
- Plays must include meaningful roles for women
- Length 10-20 minutes.
- The play must be submitted as a PDF file through our submission form.
- Submit through the online submission form (submit separate form for each play):
- Playwright contact information - name, email, address, phone.
- Name of play.
- Approximate duration.
- List of characters / descriptions: age, gender, race if specified, etc. (please list allowable deviations)
- Short synopsis of the play, including a description of recommended set pieces and props
- Has it been performed before? Where?
- Would you like to be considered to direct your play?
- After the form is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Plays will be reviewed on a first come-first served basis. We limit consideration to an arbitrary number of plays, so submissions will be closed after we reach that limit.
- Selected plays will be paid a royalty of $25 per performance (we expect to have 4 performances).
- No compensation for selection process: By submitting your play(s) for consideration, you give Eden Prairie Players permission to make copies as needed for the selection process. You also give permission for your play to be performed without payment at an unrehearsed table readings as part of the selection process.
To begin the submission process, go to the One Acts Submission Form.