We are looking for plays, poems, short stories, and other texts surrounding the theme of FROM THE ASHES for an evening of staged readings this upcoming September.
Submission criteria are as follows (please take care to meet all the below guidelines, as texts that fail to do so will not be considered):
1. Texts must address the prompt FROM THE ASHES.
2. All texts must be your own original work.
3. Texts must be 20 pages or less, not counting title sheet.
4. Texts must be NEW in the sense that they never have been performed before, including productions of previous drafts or any public workshops.
5. Texts must be anonymous. To ensure fairness, we require the first round of readings to be completely anonymous. Please ensure that your name has been removed from every page of the document itself, including headers/footers and the title page. On separate a cover sheet, please list the title of the piece, your name, page count, and contact info.
6. Email your text (as a .pdf or .doc/x) and cover sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Submissions are due no later than 8/28/2017
Slingshot New Works' mission is the conviction that all art must belong to all people. In support of this, Slingshot will hire at least 50% womxn, people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, people with disabilities, and any member of any underrepresented, or otherwise marginalized community. We, as a collective, will work to amplify all voices.
Selected storytellers will be notified no later than 9/14.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE HERE.
- ► 2018 (546)
- Cooperative Performance call for submissions
- Irvington Town Hall (NY) Theater Stage Door Playwr...
- Seeking Provocative new Plays: The Owl and Cat The...
- SUBMISSIONS FOR STILL CRAZY: PART 2
- Sky Cooper New American Play Prize
- BETC’s New Play Development Program
- Urban Stages: SMALL CAST PLAYS
- Slingshot Reading Series
- Därkhorse Drämatists “Tales from the Script”
- Halloween Play Opportunity
- NEO Ensemble Theatre is accepting one act plays
- Four Quarter Theater seeks 10-minute plays
- Elliott Hayes Award for Outstanding Achievement in...
- New Ideas Festival 2018
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre is seeking fully produ...
- Residency - Writers Omi at Ledig House
- Blackboard Plays submission guidelines
- University Settlement Artists-in-Residence program...
- Online Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- Soundwork Monologue competition
- Cecile’s Writers Magazine seeks plays
- Ticket give-away: COME LIGHT MY CIGARETTE
- Theatre Roulette 2018
- Discount tickets: COME LIGHT MY CIGARETTE
- Billie Burke Ziegfeld Award 2017
- FUNHOUSE II SCRIPT SUBMISSIONS: Original theatre i...
- Fellowships for Creative and Performing Artists an...
- La Mama Experiments Play Reading Series
- Woodside Players of Queens Fall 2017 Play Festival...
- Small Fish Radio Theatre Annual Horror Show 2017
- HERE Artist Residency Program
- The First Draft at Primary Stages ESPA!
- Henley Rose Playwriting Competition For Women (Kno...
- The Yale Drama Series is seeking submissions for i...
- Ivoryton Playhouse Women Playwrights’ Initiative
- An evening of Monologues & Shorts
- Lakeshore Players Theatre Active Voice: Staged Rea...
- Fall Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- NAUGHTY READINGS - Lowell MA
- Villa Ruffieux Residency Valais Switzerland
- MILDRED and ALBERT PANOWSKI Playwriting Competitio...
- Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival - Bo...
- The Ten-Minute Musicals Project
- 2017 Playwrights and Artists Festival
- ▼ August (44)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)