Ends on August 13, 2017
DATES & LOCATIONS:
October 12-29, 2017
The Steve & Marie Sgouros Theatre at The Players Theatre
115 MacDougal Street, New York, NY 10012 - 3rd floor
3 weeks, 4 performances weekly (Thursday through Sunday),
5 plays featured each week.
Short Plays and Musicals with a performance time of 15 minutes or less, no more than 15 pages in length.
Writers are eligible to submit up to 2 plays.
Scare us or force us to laugh till we die – horror plays and musicals including a great spoof
All plays submitted must be centered on, or revolve around this theme.
** Note **
1) Playwrights are responsible for producing their own play - Host provides Theatre, technicians, marketing and box office
2) If selected, there is a $100 REFUNDABLE deposit required and a $50 NON-refundable tech fee required
Plays MUST be NO MORE 15 minutes in length and no more than 20 pages
Submissions open: June 11, 2017
Submissions close: August 13, 2017 at 11p Play selection announced on; August 28, 2017
For more festival information visit: www.shortplaynyc.com
Click Here to download a sample contract for the festival - This is a sample of what you would receive IF your play is accepted - please DO NOT sign & send this sample.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2018 (503)
- Cooperative Performance call for submissions
- Irvington Town Hall (NY) Theater Stage Door Playwr...
- Seeking Provocative new Plays: The Owl and Cat The...
- SUBMISSIONS FOR STILL CRAZY: PART 2
- Sky Cooper New American Play Prize
- BETC’s New Play Development Program
- Urban Stages: SMALL CAST PLAYS
- Slingshot Reading Series
- Därkhorse Drämatists “Tales from the Script”
- Halloween Play Opportunity
- NEO Ensemble Theatre is accepting one act plays
- Four Quarter Theater seeks 10-minute plays
- Elliott Hayes Award for Outstanding Achievement in...
- New Ideas Festival 2018
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre is seeking fully produ...
- Residency - Writers Omi at Ledig House
- Blackboard Plays submission guidelines
- University Settlement Artists-in-Residence program...
- Online Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- Soundwork Monologue competition
- Cecile’s Writers Magazine seeks plays
- Ticket give-away: COME LIGHT MY CIGARETTE
- Theatre Roulette 2018
- Discount tickets: COME LIGHT MY CIGARETTE
- Billie Burke Ziegfeld Award 2017
- FUNHOUSE II SCRIPT SUBMISSIONS: Original theatre i...
- Fellowships for Creative and Performing Artists an...
- La Mama Experiments Play Reading Series
- Woodside Players of Queens Fall 2017 Play Festival...
- Small Fish Radio Theatre Annual Horror Show 2017
- HERE Artist Residency Program
- The First Draft at Primary Stages ESPA!
- Henley Rose Playwriting Competition For Women (Kno...
- The Yale Drama Series is seeking submissions for i...
- Ivoryton Playhouse Women Playwrights’ Initiative
- An evening of Monologues & Shorts
- Lakeshore Players Theatre Active Voice: Staged Rea...
- Fall Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- NAUGHTY READINGS - Lowell MA
- Villa Ruffieux Residency Valais Switzerland
- MILDRED and ALBERT PANOWSKI Playwriting Competitio...
- Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival - Bo...
- The Ten-Minute Musicals Project
- 2017 Playwrights and Artists Festival
- ▼ August (44)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)