Instructor: Sarah Gancher (Writer, The Lucky Ones with The Bengsons at Ars Nova)Begins September 19New to Online Curriculum: If you're just stepping into the world of playwriting, welcome! Sarah Gancher will help you build a toolbox of the fundamentals, including discussions of structure, character, and dialogue, so your first play (and each play you write after that!) can be built on a strong foundation.Instructor: Michele Lowe (Writer, String of Pearls and Motherhood Out Loud at Primary Stages)Begins September 17This class will guide you through the development of your first draft, providing concrete deadlines and constructive feedback that will encourage you to get your ideas on the page. As you meet your deadlines, you will receive feedback from Michele via email each week, giving you the tools necessary to tackle the next assignment.Instructor: Caridad Svich (Writer, 2012 OBIE Winner for Lifetime Achievement)Begins September 18As soon as you finish your last line of dialogue, the need for rewrites begins. Open to new and returning students located anywhere in the world, this class will begin by establishing individualized writing goals to conquer over ten weeks.For more information, see Online Classroom.Our award-winning faculty, comprised of working professionals in the field, provides practical skills and expert guidance in a collaborative community atmosphere.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
Monday, August 21, 2017
Online Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
Open to writers in New York, New Mexico, New Zealand, and everywhere in between: Online playwriting classes at Primary Stages ESPA are an extension of our time-tested writing curriculum! You can create or polish a draft of your new play through weekly assignments and written lectures, providing the necessary structure and deadlines to those outside the tri-state area or with unpredictable schedules.
- ► 2018 (493)
- Cooperative Performance call for submissions
- Irvington Town Hall (NY) Theater Stage Door Playwr...
- Seeking Provocative new Plays: The Owl and Cat The...
- SUBMISSIONS FOR STILL CRAZY: PART 2
- Sky Cooper New American Play Prize
- BETC’s New Play Development Program
- Urban Stages: SMALL CAST PLAYS
- Slingshot Reading Series
- Därkhorse Drämatists “Tales from the Script”
- Halloween Play Opportunity
- NEO Ensemble Theatre is accepting one act plays
- Four Quarter Theater seeks 10-minute plays
- Elliott Hayes Award for Outstanding Achievement in...
- New Ideas Festival 2018
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre is seeking fully produ...
- Residency - Writers Omi at Ledig House
- Blackboard Plays submission guidelines
- University Settlement Artists-in-Residence program...
- Online Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- Soundwork Monologue competition
- Cecile’s Writers Magazine seeks plays
- Ticket give-away: COME LIGHT MY CIGARETTE
- Theatre Roulette 2018
- Discount tickets: COME LIGHT MY CIGARETTE
- Billie Burke Ziegfeld Award 2017
- FUNHOUSE II SCRIPT SUBMISSIONS: Original theatre i...
- Fellowships for Creative and Performing Artists an...
- La Mama Experiments Play Reading Series
- Woodside Players of Queens Fall 2017 Play Festival...
- Small Fish Radio Theatre Annual Horror Show 2017
- HERE Artist Residency Program
- The First Draft at Primary Stages ESPA!
- Henley Rose Playwriting Competition For Women (Kno...
- The Yale Drama Series is seeking submissions for i...
- Ivoryton Playhouse Women Playwrights’ Initiative
- An evening of Monologues & Shorts
- Lakeshore Players Theatre Active Voice: Staged Rea...
- Fall Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- NAUGHTY READINGS - Lowell MA
- Villa Ruffieux Residency Valais Switzerland
- MILDRED and ALBERT PANOWSKI Playwriting Competitio...
- Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival - Bo...
- The Ten-Minute Musicals Project
- 2017 Playwrights and Artists Festival
- ▼ August (44)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)