A celebration of artistic expression through staged readings in a magnificent historic theater. Selected plays will highlight important issues relevant to our times through the power of the written word.
Submission Deadline: September 15th, 2017
The ITHT Stage Door Playwrights Festival celebrates original plays developed by local and NY metro area playwrights. It is dedicated to providing an arena for theatrical exploration of significant historical and modern issues that are relevant to our times. It strives to put a spotlight on the power of words and artistic expression that will enlighten and inspire audiences. It will give playwrights the opportunity to present a one act play or portion of their work in a staged reading or as staged as they prefer as part of a festival setting. It will further enable playwrights to harness the power of audience feedback through audience engagement with writers, casts and notable theatrical professionals in a Q&A session after each theatrical showing. We encourage inclusion of diversity of themes and populations as part of the goals of this festival.
Each play will be a one-act that runs for no longer than one hour. We are looking for family–friendly productions as well as adult productions. The festival will run on Saturday November 11th and Sunday November 12th.
We offer a blank stage, lighting and sound. Each playwright can present as they wish in terms of highly rehearsed, costumes, props etc. Chosen playwrights are in charge of casting and getting their own director. ITHT will provide the stage manager and production manager for the festival.
Guidelines for Submission
Seeking submissions of One Acts 45-60 minutes long or portion of play that are self-contained and can be performed for an audience with their clear understanding of content.
Any genre can be submitted
Play must be an original work
Family Friendly plays, on topics that are appropriate for all audiences are encouraged for Saturday and Sunday afternoon slots
Pages must be numbered and script should be in standard play script format
Estimated running time must be indicated
Readings/Performances will be performed on blank stage.
Lights and sound are the only technical services provided
The one act should be easy to stage in a no frills environment
Playwright and cast need to be available for Nov. 11 or 12 schedule
Tech rehearsal (day of) performance and 30 minute talk back session following performance
Producers of selected shows shall be compensated based on a percentage of net revenue. Exact percentage shall be communicated to selected playwrights. Notification of accepted plays will be at the end of September.
Script may be submitted by email (as a PDF) or by mail (as a hard copy).
Fill out the application form below. There is no application fee.
Earlier submissions are encouraged
Script submission can be sent by mail to:
Irvington Town Hall Theater
Stage Door Playwrights Festival
85 Main Street
Irvington, New York 10533
E-mail submissions can be sent to:
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2018 (503)
- Cooperative Performance call for submissions
- Irvington Town Hall (NY) Theater Stage Door Playwr...
- Seeking Provocative new Plays: The Owl and Cat The...
- SUBMISSIONS FOR STILL CRAZY: PART 2
- Sky Cooper New American Play Prize
- BETC’s New Play Development Program
- Urban Stages: SMALL CAST PLAYS
- Slingshot Reading Series
- Därkhorse Drämatists “Tales from the Script”
- Halloween Play Opportunity
- NEO Ensemble Theatre is accepting one act plays
- Four Quarter Theater seeks 10-minute plays
- Elliott Hayes Award for Outstanding Achievement in...
- New Ideas Festival 2018
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre is seeking fully produ...
- Residency - Writers Omi at Ledig House
- Blackboard Plays submission guidelines
- University Settlement Artists-in-Residence program...
- Online Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- Soundwork Monologue competition
- Cecile’s Writers Magazine seeks plays
- Ticket give-away: COME LIGHT MY CIGARETTE
- Theatre Roulette 2018
- Discount tickets: COME LIGHT MY CIGARETTE
- Billie Burke Ziegfeld Award 2017
- FUNHOUSE II SCRIPT SUBMISSIONS: Original theatre i...
- Fellowships for Creative and Performing Artists an...
- La Mama Experiments Play Reading Series
- Woodside Players of Queens Fall 2017 Play Festival...
- Small Fish Radio Theatre Annual Horror Show 2017
- HERE Artist Residency Program
- The First Draft at Primary Stages ESPA!
- Henley Rose Playwriting Competition For Women (Kno...
- The Yale Drama Series is seeking submissions for i...
- Ivoryton Playhouse Women Playwrights’ Initiative
- An evening of Monologues & Shorts
- Lakeshore Players Theatre Active Voice: Staged Rea...
- Fall Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- NAUGHTY READINGS - Lowell MA
- Villa Ruffieux Residency Valais Switzerland
- MILDRED and ALBERT PANOWSKI Playwriting Competitio...
- Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival - Bo...
- The Ten-Minute Musicals Project
- 2017 Playwrights and Artists Festival
- ▼ August (44)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)